How to get cheap and easy lowend power out of yamaha warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that my wardogg can go over 60 thats for sure because I rade about 70 feet away from a road that cars are doin 60-65 and I'm passin them lol until there like what the heck and speed up so they don't look slow

You sure about that top speed? My dad's trx300 4x4 tops out at 45-48 depending on the grade, and I FLY past him. My buds warrior does it with stock 13/40 gearing, too. I'd venture to guess mine with the 13/38 and the 22's hits closer to 60. May have to do a pace test now. lol
45mph is just a guess? It would sing up fast in 6th though.. I was only running a 20" tire to. (Same ones that are on there now)
I think thats what killed that motor? I was always rev'n the piss out of it on open trails try'n to catch everybody.

That was the prob. Tire size with stock gearing is only good for crawling speed. I'f diggin the 13/38 with the 22's. But 20's and 14/38 will be on there with the stroker.

So putting a 41 or 42 on the back be allright or would it make her to slow because I like to open her up on straight streches and thanks for all the help also I have 23 bear claws on her that are on there way out

Last edited:
I doubt you'd notice a huge drop in top speed. Prob feel better in the woods though. I tell ya man, 13/38 and 22's on mine and it still flies.

Thanks for all the help I think I'm going to put a 42 on back and pipe and jet it

Do the vito's key. It will only cost 35 bucks for the key and the stator cover gasket. You will need to buy a flywheel puller, unless you can borrow one or have a dealer pull the flywheel.

Thanks for all the help I think I'm going to put a 42 on back and pipe and jet it
You know dude.. Even changing the rear tire size can help down low.
A 23 is a big fricken tire.. Maybe buy yourself some 20x11's (a bitch'n flat track'n tire). That'll put more torque to the ground.

lol i run the 20x11x9 on mine and with the trail claws there is only 1.5 inches taller than the rim talk about low profile

What is a vetoes key I have never heard of it and could I get it at my yamaha dealer or would it have to be online and I bought the bike with 23s on it but I don't want to go to small because I don't want to be hung up 24/7

I'm running the stock size tires right now and I hit mega stumps and rocks all the time, never been hung up. Go to ebay to get the vito's key. It replaces the flywheel key and moves it 4 degrees forward. That is advancing the ignition timing so it will hit harder and faster.

I'm running the stock size tires right now and I hit mega stumps and rocks all the time, never been hung up. Go to ebay to get the vito's key. It replaces the flywheel key and moves it 4 degrees forward. That is advancing the ignition timing so it will hit harder and faster.
would the Vitos +4 be worth getting for my 02 Gen? Pro's & Con's
and is it a noticeable upgrade?

I've never had any probs yet. Have about 300 miles so far and not a hicup. Several of us have em and like em. Weston, and '00 WO YA! are 2 that I know of. I think it is a nice piece. Just make sure that when you install it into the crank that you tap it home with a rubber mallet to seat it fully. I think that is where people have had them break on them. It will add a noticable bottom end hit.

Back