How to bypass safety switches, again lol

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warriorfreak99

Reaction score
need to bypass my clutch and parking brake switches, everybody tells me to plug the connectors into each other, but the problem is this dumbass (me lol) clipped the connectors and i've been trying to figure this out for a while and cant get a clear answer from anyone. I have 2 black wires and a black wire with a white stripe and a green wire with a yellow stripe. pretty sure the 2 black wires were to the same switch but idk lol what do i need to do to get them bypassed?

Lmao i saw that. I have to though because my reverse only works when i cut the bike off, shift into reverse and then start it up again...rpms and aftermarket clutch dont agree got some tuning to do

the green wire is why the motor kills when shifting into reverse gotta hook it back up

green wire is under the hood. The bike wont even turn over if the one by the reverse shifter is unhooked

Just use wire strippers and tie the two black wires together. Its easy

This was my problem the guy I bought mine from had already bypassed and I'm thinking after all the work I've done to it I loosened the wires and no clue to the color wires I needed to find to check. Now if I can figure out why the bike shuts off as soon as you shift to reverse. Lol thanks for the info though.

Did you ever find out why this was killing the motor when you shift into reverse?

I have the same problem and cannot find out why.

Can anyone be of help!

need to bypass my clutch and parking brake switches, everybody tells me to plug the connectors into each other, but the problem is this dumbass (me lol) clipped the connectors and i've been trying to figure this out for a while and cant get a clear answer from anyone. I have 2 black wires and a black wire with a white stripe and a green wire with a yellow stripe. pretty sure the 2 black wires were to the same switch but idk lol what do i need to do to get them bypassed?

So this means plug the connecter that should go to the clutch into the connecter that should go to the parking brake? I mean on the wiring harness side not the brake/clutch side. I have the same thing going on and when I trace he cables it a single plug on each.

No when you unplug them from the harness take the plugs On the harness side and connect them into themselves to complete the circuit if that makes sense

I think that is what I just said, plug the brake switch into the clutch switch on the harness side. Each has only one plug correct? At least that's the way mine is. so you plug them into each other , right?

No you don't connect the parking brake plug into the clutch plug.
You connect the 2 wires on the harness side to each other for the clutch switch and then do the same for the parking brake switch

ok I just went and traced the wiring again. I found that the clutch safety switch does have two separate plugs that you can plug into one another. Now the parking brake safety switch does not have two separate plugs that you can plug into one another, it has one single two wire plug, and I'm pretty sure I traced it properly. the only way to bypass would be to cut the plug off on either side and connect the two wires, making sure that the "loop" goes to the harness side , not the parking brake side. I don't know if I have a modified wiring harness or what , but to simply say to plug them into one another is confusing if you can't do that. I wish I could post pics on here so I could show people and there would be no question. What I plan on doing is cutting the connecter off on the parking brake side about four inches away from the connecter, stripping the wire , either soldering them together or braiding them together and then use heat shrink to seal them. That way , for whatever reason, you can still unplug the connecter or even install a new switch with no problem. Also it was never clear to me until now how these switches worked. I know now that engaging the parking brake is supposed to open the circuit, causing a rev limiter to actuate. The clutch switch also causes an open when not engaged, not allowing the engine to fire when in gear and it is being started (at least that's the way I see it). So the clutch switch has to work along with at least the neutral switch by the gear selector and probably another switch to know if the engine is running or not. Both of these switches gave me fits and caused headaches. I know on some older bikes/atv's certain safety switches functioned by shorting out a circuit so I wasn't sure how these worked.​
Remember, not everyone understands other peoples descriptions and terminology, or have the experience level some have. We all have to learn somehow or pay a lot of money to a mechanic ,lol. I thank you guys for the help and please correct anything I said that's wrong.​

Just unplug the parking brake plug and leave it don't splice wires together only connect the clutch safety switch plugs together in harness

Back