how much is a piston ring?(Some one help!!!!)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A hell of a lot less than an engagement ring for some chick that's just gonna cheat on you....Whoops wrong forum board.. haha

Rings usually come in a set. Dealer charges about 35.00 for a standard set.

A hell of a lot less than an engagement ring for some chick that's just gonna cheat on you....Whoops wrong forum board.. haha

Rings usually come in a set. Dealer charges about 35.00 for a standard set.
dont a warrior just have one ring

no. There are different rings on one cylinder. But chances are youll need to hone but you can try just changing rings

no. There are different rings on one cylinder. But chances are youll need to hone but you can try just changing rings
could u spell check that i dont no what u said about"chances are you need to hone" i dont tink u spelled it right so could u respell it plz

Hone- Its basically roughing up the inside of the cylinder wall so the new rings break in and seal. If your wall is slick your new rings wont break in and youll have oil blow by like you have now and you will have blue smoke

Dude like they said earlier, take you quad to someone who knows what their doing like the dealer. You could **** a lot of **** up if you have no mechanical ability. It's not a cheap fix doing it yourself let alone someone doing it for you, so just spend the money and get it done right.

hahahahahaha thats great.....any motorized vehicle has 2 compression rings and one oil ring

false
1-a lot of two stroke only use 1 ring
2-2 stroke don't have oil ring
3- there his only 1 compression ring on a piston usig a 2 or 3 rings design the first ring from the top is the compression ring the second is a ''sweeping'' ring and the third is the oil ring

sence this is a yfm site (4stroke) i wasnt talking about a 2 stroke, and any book in an automotive class you pick up says 2 compression rings

ok....it's just that you said :''any motorized vehicle'' cause the guy don't really know nothing about engine so i just wanted to clarify this....but the second ring on about any engine is really a ''sweeping'' ring i don't know the real name in english but in french we say (ring balai) Yes this ring help make some compression but is principal role is to sweep the cylinder that also mainly why it's not the same size and if you look you'l see that the inside of the ring is not straight it as an angle to help the ring expand when the piston go down or up depending on the engine

Back