how much does the warrior 350 engine itself weigh?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam4by4

Reaction score
Ive got my eyes on a motor that makes 51 horsepower for less than $200 its a rd350 and its a twin two stroke. Not positive but a thought. I could use a dually carb banshee throttle set up and premix the gas. They were known for there monster killer abilities back in 1975. It weighs 90lbs all alone ya think this is heavier or lighter? anyone ever heard of the swap?

when ups dropped my motor off, there was a sticker on it saying 105lbs

i couldnt tell ya. i personally havent lifted it. pops helps me out by doing that. i'm not supposed to lift anything over 5-10lbs. the way he strains, i would guess it weighs more than 105. that's just what the shipping sticker said.

Sounds about right....

Clymer manual says dry weight specs are,

87-89 414lbs.
90-on 421lbs.

I always heard the motor weighed 140-150 lbs

Y a me to..........Somone was saying there on the edge of ups max carry weight which I think is 150.

rd 350 motor?

Hope you like zinging it to the moon. I owned an rd......GREAT city bike, but gutless wonder under 3K rpm.

Plus, the rebuilds every 2 months got old QUICK.

maybe they meant to write 150 instead of 105. 105 does seem kinda light.

The rd was just a thought and I heard the same thing about the rebuilds but 2 strokes are easy like that!

The rd was just a thought and I heard the same thing about the rebuilds but 2 strokes are easy like that!

Easy, yes. Cheap..No.

Remember, everything is X2 with a twin....

To me, seems like warrior frame+Banshee motor= worse than the sum of the parts.

The RD was the basis for the rz, which was the basis for the banshee motor.

Yep your absolutely correct . But 59 horse at the crank and 50 lbs lighter and she'd be a monster. $350 for weisco piston top end rebuild including the bore from my local machine shop thats not too bad. And the rd I believe had alot more ponies than the rz but the rz is much more reliable. Ive shifted gears anyhow folks so Its no longer a thought!

[quote:4fz7fp6n]The rd was just a thought and I heard the same thing about the rebuilds but 2 strokes are easy like that!

Easy, yes. Cheap..No.

The RD was the basis for the rz, which was the basis for the banshee motor.[/quote:4fz7fp6n]

2 stroke twins are cheaper to build than 4 stroke singles.

[quote:3nq6rfqx]

Easy, yes. Cheap..No.

The RD was the basis for the rz, which was the basis for the banshee motor.

2 stroke twins are cheaper to build than 4 stroke singles.[/quote:3nq6rfqx]

WRONG.

Piston Wiseco 10.25-1 for the warrior...100 bucks with ring, and wristpin.

Pistons for Banshee Wiseco, same compression....185 for the pair.

Already we've blown away that theory.

Actually the price isnt far off.....2 to 4 stroke ....when i rebuilt my top end for the warrior gaskets and all it was about $170,that includes piston gaskets and valve job, for my banshee it will be $5.00 bucks more...$175.00, i only know this cause i have checked it out ! it doesnt need it now but i am already getting my winter list started, for what i am doing next season..mod wise

[quote:hb9cpgm9]

2 stroke twins are cheaper to build than 4 stroke singles.

WRONG.

Piston Wiseco 10.25-1 for the warrior...100 bucks with ring, and wristpin.

Pistons for Banshee Wiseco, same compression....185 for the pair.

Already we've blown away that theory.[/quote:hb9cpgm9]

Wrong??

Wheres cam in the banshee?
Wheres the valves?
Wheres the valve springs?
Wheres cost of valve grinding?

A topend rebuild on a banshee is 180 bucks for both pistons if you dont bore.

To do a total topend rebuild on a 4 stroke you would run into way more money way faster.

Back