How many carry when riding and what ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you carry ?

• ALL THE TIME NO MATTER WHAT !

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Most of the time but not when I ride !

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Never !

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

wsar10

Reaction score
What do you carry when you ride ?
Is your riding side arm different from your daily CCW ?
What holster works best for riding ?

I am a GLOCK guy "PERIOD" I own other handguns but I really only carry GLOCK's.
Until now,
I did just carry my old G30 45acp with a Fobus paddle holster, I chose my 30 cuz it is my oldest GLOCK (1997) so minor holster rub from the constant bouncing around was not an issue, the holster holds the gun captive with pressure VERY well.
BUT we get RUGER's at dealer cost at work so I picked up an LCP and an LC9 gave the 9 to mom and I now carry the LCP when riding in a canvas type holster with a security strap over the back of the gun that has a "quick" thumb release. I enjoy the setup and a laser max laser that came on it stock works well, I'm not a huge fan of only having a .380 vs my 45 in the woods....but its better than nothing. My BIG concern is the RUGER holding up to the elements like a GLOCK, lets face it they have NOTHING on the endurance of a GLOCK, but a very nice weapon in its own respect.

Haha. I could never carry when I ride. For 1, the holster wouldn't stay on my fox mx pants, secondly my pistol would be destroyed from falling off my raptor in a balls-deep mud/muck puddle at Deepwater. Come to think, I have carried on my quad. My 1979 Bulgarian Makarov. Caliber is called 9x18 Makarov. Same price as other rounds, if you can find em. You've seen that pistol on the Russians in Indiana Jones

Last edited:
Smith 380 bodyguard 6rd clip and lazer sight, rear pocket holster works pretty good when new but after a couple atv rides its pretty much shot..

i have a backpack i've modified to work as a tank bag on my R1 so i can take it off and through it over my shoulders when i get where i'm going. it has a zipper pocket that lands on my left side under my arm pit that i fixed a holster in for my sig sauer p250 that will fit it with and of the sub compact variations of the pistol (love the modular design) i have the 9mm compact, 45 and 40 sub compact kits for it and a 357 sig barrel for the 40 kit. i HATE glocks with a passion! it's fine if you love em but i can think of alot better guns to spend the $$$ on than a glock... i'll take a ANY compact 1911 over a glock lol. i also have a taurus pt145 that sleeps in the drawer in my night stand, a ruger lcp that i carry when i cant fit a larger pistol, a sccy 9mm i carry when i can fit sumething larger but still cant hide my p250. and a bersa thunder .40 that i HATE!

Back