how long?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy920

Reaction score
my dealer said it would be a 4 hour job to but a new valve stem seal...is this right cuz i dont think it takes that long to put in a 6$ seal

Are you just dropping the entire quad off, or are you just bringing him the head?
If it's the entire quad it takes about the following time breakdown.
Remove front plastic and fuel tank: .5
Remove air box and carb: .5
Remove exhaust : .5
Remove valve covers, stator cover and cam gear and chain tensioner:.5
remove head: .5
remove cam, valve spring and valve, replace valve seal: .5
Total so far: 3hours. another 2 hours to put it all back together.

Now i know that most of us here have/can do this is about half the time, but remember the dealer is not about saving time or money. So 4 hours is a reasonable quote. but if you can do most of the work yourself, it can save you money.

Are you just dropping the entire quad off, or are you just bringing him the head?
If it's the entire quad it takes about the following time breakdown.
Remove front plastic and fuel tank: .5
Remove air box and carb: .5
Remove exhaust : .5
Remove valve covers, stator cover and cam gear and chain tensioner:.5
remove head: .5
remove cam, valve spring and valve, replace valve seal: .5
Total so far: 3hours. another 2 hours to put it all back together.

Now i know that most of us here have/can do this is about half the time, but remember the dealer is not about saving time or money. So 4 hours is a reasonable quote. but if you can do most of the work yourself, it can save you money.
icould take it apart myself...and the dealer can say it took ten hours wen it took 5 cuz all they wants is the dolla lol

No they can't, then have specific time alotments for jobs. That way if it's ever questioned the have a reference. Very similar to the automotive Mictchell book.

All i'm getting at is they have quoted you a resonable about of time if all you are doing is dropping it off.

Just because your billed for 4 hours doesn't mean it takes 4 hours, welcome to flat rate.

Back