how is it too rich???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vestige019

Reaction score
okay i have a K&N filter, airbox vents, and FMF T4 pipe yet my 3/4 to full throttle is running way to rich

i no this for two reasons, when im on the gas for a while it starts to miss and bog down and to temp fix the problem i turned the gas off a little and it ran fine

why do u think after all of this its running to rich ?? i have taken the carb off and cleaned it out before but never messed with any jets

thanks muchh

jetting is a bitch! just in case you were wondering ;) but you prolly already know

you need to find what main jet you are running, then go from there. many people rejet a size leaner for the summer, maybe you need to do the same. did it run ok in the cold air? warm air has fewer oxygen molecules in it so you need to give the motor less fuel.

Couldn't he open the fuel/air mixture screw and add more air that way?

i hate jetting it took me like 10 jet changes and its still not quite right. i still need to go leaner because mine does the same thing it sputters in the high rpms sometimes.

alright thanks everyone

ill check that out

but i think it might be the temp change casue i complety forgot the hotter it is the leaner it should be

thanks

Back