how high is too high of RPM for the warrior?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvvette97

Reaction score
Anybody know does my 01 warrior have a rev limiter on it? If it does I have never hit it. I have done a 366 big bore and cam and carb on mine and was racing my nephews 400 ex and after the race I noticed a noise in the engine. Tore it down and found the crank was getting bad. Put a new hotrods crank in yesterday and have it running like new again. I'm used to my kfx so I think I wound her up too much. What can these engines turn and be safe on the crank? Is there an aftermarket CDI that I can get that would have a limiter on it?

I'm running a procom cdi. Has a limiter but irs 1000 rpm over stock.

Stock a warrior has no rev limiter at all. As for aftermarket cdi's that do, the answer is most of them. Downside is you never know exactly where they put it.

if that's true, how does mine raise rpm limit by 1000? I'm confused now lol

It doesnt, the ads they use for them are a generic ad. The only thing they change is the model listed. On top of that Im surprised your cdi is even working the ProComs are known to be bad out of the box!! Ill stick with my Dynatek Programmable CDI!!!!

Walle has been on a dyno taching over 10,500 rpm and I'm sure I've wound it tighter then that on the track, granted I have changed all the internals to be able to take the abuse.

lol guess I will keep one of my stock ones around for a spare. It came on there so I dunno much about them. I do know I want a dynatek for my brute force.

Back