how good is a DG megaphone exaust!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89YFM_BEAST

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got a beastly 89 warrior an I'm tryin to give it abit of performance I can get this DG pipe for 60$bucks now I have heard that DG is no different than stock that's y I'm confused should I just save my money an will jetting it with the DG will I notice a difference need some help on this one thanks guys=)

DG MEGAPHONE!!!! OMG GRAB THAT SUCKER!!!! That is the best flowing pipe for a bore stroked warrior and they anre darn near impossible to find!!!!! And yes it willl help ur warrior's performnce

For the most part you get what you pay for with the exhaust. HMF, FMF, White Bros., and Yoshi. are the one I would pic, I have a FMF but been told that the HMF makes better power and the White Bros made the most. If you want to save money trey to find one used on ebay

Ya for sure but for 60$bucks I'm not complainin lol now I gona be putting on a twin air air filter,now u guys think I will have to jet it people told me if I put a k&n then I will have to jet that's what I was told an the twin air just throws a bit more air than the stock air filter!!

So when I get the muffler on an air filter!!bigger main an pilot jet or just a main??

i'd do both well your in there these thing are lean on the pilot jet from factory

Ok I will go up a bit on the main an the pilot jet!!hey guys I don't think I will need to touch my needle I don't think anyway!!

go up 1 to 2 sizes on your main jet depending on where it runs best, 1 size on your pilot and leave the needle in the middle clip(stock)

DG MEGAPHONE!!!! OMG GRAB THAT SUCKER!!!! That is the best flowing pipe for a bore stroked warrior and they anre darn near impossible to find!!!!! And yes it willl help ur warrior's performnce

I hope you meant this as a sarcastic joke. DG = Dollar General. DG, Jardien and Cobra are all about annoying loud noise. Very little performance gains, if any. The are not much different then the stocker just direct the air to make them loud and do flow slightly better. You get what you pay for when it comes to exhausts. Solid industry leading brands put time and money into developing a performance piece and the consumer pays for that. If anything look for a FMF, supertrapp or other popular used PERFORMANCE pipe for sell if your lookin to save some dough. If you can find a WhiteBros. eSerise, snatch that bitch up!

Yes, new pipe and filter you will have to re-jet accordingly.

x3 for skipping the dg pipe. i have one hate it. unless you ride in the absolute middle of nowhere people are gonna hate you. This thing is deafining. you cant even hear yourself think when your riding. also it dosent have a spark arrester so riding on any public land is out of the question. On mine i fitted a suppertrapp endcap and disks on the end to quiet it down a bit and make it legal but it dosent even compair to the real supertrapp pipe i have on my other warrior.

dead, i ignored that post of his. i knew he had to be full of **** when he typed that out. judging by some of his other post on here i'm beginning to wonder.

I hope you meant this as a sarcastic joke. DG = Dollar General. DG, Jardien and cobra are all about annoying loud noise. Very little performance gains, if any. The are not much different then the stocker just direct the air to make them loud and do flow slightly better. You get what you pay for when it comes to exhausts. Solid industry leading brand but time and money into developing a performance piece and the consumer pays for that. If anything look for a FMF, supertrapp or other popular use PERFORMANCE pipe for sell if your lookin to save some dough. If you can find a WhiteBros. eSerise, snatch that bitch up!

Yes, new pipe and filter you will have to re-jet accordingly.
the newer jardine's are actually really good

Hey I talked to mickey at fst and he said (seiriously) that the old DG megaphone exhaust performed the best on the warrior with a stock head pipe

Well I might pass on this DG but I'm still gona put a twin air air filter an I'm still gona jet it probly just get a bigger pilot jet don't think she will need a main just with a filter but I will still buy a bigger main just to have on hand my buddy said there's a super killer pipe made by a company called DMC I'm gona check it out=)

Back