How do you test the ignition coil??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash688

Reaction score
i am having a serious lack of power when at full throttle, i have read all the jetting stuff, and it seems like either the main jet is to small and its not getting fuel, or its to big and its getting to much. but my plug is always fouled and full of carbon. and its killing spark plugs, i run the regualr ngk d8es and have also tryed the champion r.....i dont remember the number....but the problem just feels electrical. so how do i test the ignition coil/ stator or whatever....could soemthing possibly be worn out and its not giving me enough spark.

i have had millions of spark related problems with all my quads, cars, snowmobiles and all this stuff, and it just feels like its my problem, but jetting seems sooooo important after reading that jetting guide... but one thing is...its done it every since i bought it.....

i figured it starts good runs good, everything was mint, so not having top end power is just a minor detail or adjustment, but i cant decide what to replace or try first.....

and i have to do everyhting one week at a time, because i come home during the week buy parts and go to the cottage on weekends....and there is no where to ride/store at my house so its very hard to go try something quick.

ANYone have any ideas.....thanks

oh ya, i have checked the timing, it is correct, i have checked valve clearances, and i have cleaned the K&N filter twice to ensure it was getting enough air, and have also tryed running with the lid off.

You can run a D7EA as a hotter plug if you don't have many mods, that'll help burn a little more carbon. If it's only your top end that's off just adjust the needle height by a space or two, that'll set your jetting right.

Back