how do you clean your carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How dirty is it, and how far do you want to go w/ disassembly?

You could open it up and use some carb cleaner, then use some pipe cleaners, and then more carb cleaner or compressed air to blow out everything.

If it is really bad I completely dissemble them and dip them in a gallon can of cleaner that I have. Stuff works great, but you cannot leave it in there for long(hours), or it will dissolve everything. After you take it out, you must rinse it off and then clean everything (pipe cleaners nd cleaner or air).

be careful about using pipe cleaners. you may end up changing the size of the hole on your jets. i would just use carb cleaner if you are taking it apart. id rather take it apart than end up messing up a jet and fudging the jetting and having to get a new jet. just my 2 cents.

what I like to do because sometimes there is a lot of build up in the jet blocks and in the actual jets I take a brass braided wire like 18 gauge or 16 and strip most of the insulation off of it.. then use only enough strands of wire to fit through the holes.

i only use spray carb cleaner and compressed air and have no problems cleaning and getting any and all of the crap out.

i only use spray carb cleaner and compressed air and have no problems cleaning and getting any and all of the crap out.

I work at a dealership and there is 2 other guys that work on small engines with me and we all have tried just using this method as it would save us time but we have found that with todays fuel that it will leave such bad depost inside everything that sometimes just air and carb clean doesn't do the trick.

I do agree with you that todays gas does suck, but i personally havent needed to use anything else on my stuff, but if i needed to i probably would use some manual method of unclogging it.

Back