how do my rockers look

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil red s-10

Reaction score
well i am in the process of doing a top end in my raptor and want to do it right and want to not have a ticking and smoking quad any more how do the friction pad or surfaces look

402110108.jpg

i couldnt get the shafts that hold the rockers in out so i dont wanna remove them unless i need to replace them

So long as there is no galling or blueing on the surfaces, and no sharp edges or damage can be felt they are good. These rockers don't wear out often unless starved of oil. As far as not having a warrior without valvtrain noise, ain't gunna happen. These bikes all have some level of valve tick.

yea but mine seemed a bit excessive and smoked alot so im gonna re ring it and put a new timing chain in for good measure

and whats the one screw on the intake side on the outside on the head ?? its almost like a banjo is bolt with a copper washer and when i took it out their was oil on it

I think that is the bolt to check to see if oil is getting up in the head when running

Back