How do I get the Carrier Bearings out?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satyrisci

Reaction score
My Carrier bearings went bad and I can't get them out.
:argh:
I got the carrier off and the axle out. The problem is: one bearing fell apart and the outer race and rubber seal is stuck, the other bearing is together but I am not making good progress with a hammer and a chisel from the backside of it. There's not enough lip on the outer race of the broken bearing to catch with the chisel.

:???:
I'm going to Oreilly's to see if there's a tool I cant rent to press/pull these out.

It's been a while since I've been on here. This is the greatest forum!
Thank you all for sharing your advice and experiences.:tup:

heat up the carrier with torch or toss in oven and the bearings should fall out or at least come out easier

Applying heat works, Either by oven or torch. Ive always had good luck with PB Blaster and a long extension, g in from the opposite side and knock them out, but this was with the carrier still on the swingarm. If you got a dremel you can cut the outer ring into, just be real careful not to cut your carrier. Press will also work, If you got a vise put it in it and soak it in WD 40, PB any kind, and try knocking it out that way with a large socket.

Back