How did I do? GREAT deal or ok?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That motoverse VIN decoder works great to find out what year ATV you have, but that's about all it tells you.

I never seen or heard of any issues with trans on 02 and newer. My bud that worked at the dealer said 2001 was the year that had the most problems. All the bearings in my 02 looked good except it had been in a flood and I was scared of the rust stains in them. Replaced all the trans bearings in it and so far so good.

01, the transmission bearing blew out on them, all of them in due time, but yeah, all of them have tranny issues, design flaws. 2001 was the year that they really blew up thou.

I never seen or heard of any issues with trans on 02 and newer. My bud that worked at the dealer said 2001 was the year that had the most problems. All the bearings in my 02 looked good except it had been in a flood and I was scared of the rust stains in them. Replaced all the trans bearings in it and so far so good.

I meant 01

only ones i've heard of having problems are the 01-02 bikes. 03-05 are good to go.

My friend has an 01 and it runs pretty good. I think the suspension on it sucks but besides that it is a pretty good quad. His has all stock suspension on it. The only other problem we had with it is the exhaust studs on the head broke so we had to pull out the engine and drill them out and we replaced them with larger 8mm studs so it does not happen again.
He got his for $1250.00 a little over a year ago.

More then pleased

Picked up the raptor today and im more then happy. He was the original owner from nj and even told me where he bought it. In nj they dont issue titles only bill of sale so i called the dealer and they still happened to have a copy on file so they are mailing it to me and looks like ill be able to get a pa title for it :) YESSS. ALSO the plastics are farrr from beat like he said front is perfect and rear only has 2 melt spots. So more then happy i got here home and through a battery in her just to see where we stand and she turned right over has great compression. No spark which is why he parked it and it stinks horribly of stale gas. So chase the spark issue and clean the carb and im thinking its gonna be one hell of a way to spend 555.00 came out to 600 with gas and tolls.

481769_375160572567295_1561735493_n.jpg

622261_375160439233975_1258480891_o.jpg

Picked up the raptor today and im more then happy. He was the original owner from nj and even told me where he bought it. In nj they dont issue titles only bill of sale so i called the dealer and they still happened to have a copy on file so they are mailing it to me and looks like ill be able to get a pa title for it :) YESSS. ALSO the plastics are farrr from beat like he said front is perfect and rear only has 2 melt spots. So more then happy i got here home and through a battery in her just to see where we stand and she turned right over has great compression. No spark which is why he parked it and it stinks horribly of stale gas. So chase the spark issue and clean the carb and im thinking its gonna be one hell of a way to spend 555.00 came out to 600 with gas and tolls.

481769_375160572567295_1561735493_n.jpg

622261_375160439233975_1258480891_o.jpg

Is it just me or does the right tire in first pic look jacked to the side. Maybe its just camera angel.

No your correct the right front tire points in at the top i havent looked into why yet. Idea on That??

Jersey did have titles when we lived there 11 years ago. Dad still has his for his fourtrax somewhere.

Jersey did have titles when we lived there 11 years ago. Dad still has his for his fourtrax somewhere.

Dealer told me they didnt issue them They use the registration card as titles. So when the dealer faxes me the bill of sale i should be able to transfer to a pa title.. Thats how the 2 trailers i bought out of nj worked as well. Idk either way im happy i dont need the title just a nice thing to have makes it stand out if ever resell.

Back