Hot Rods 400 stroker kit

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modelking

Reaction score
I know this has been asked a couple times but with different answers. I'm thinking about building one when my engine blows, but I heard you have to do some machining done to the case. And I've also heard you don't have to do anything to the case and the crank just drops right in. Could someone who has built one tell me what they had to do? lol Thanks

Cases have to be machined. Fourstroke tech is your answer google them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Cases have to be machined. Fourstroke tech is your answer google them.

Yep four stroke tech also makes a 410cc kit. Need to re sleeve your
Cylinder and bore the cases but you won't have to worry about crank and rod issues as much like a Stroker
Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2

Beast is right guys ... The hot rods kit is dope in cwr has 400 and a410 kit fst has a446 kit

Side note the hot rods piston sucks it only has a 9.2:1 compression

Last edited:
Beast is right guys ... The hot rods kit is dope in cwr has 400 and a410 kit fat has a446 kit

Side note the hot rods piston sucks it only has a 9.2:1 compression

I know I was just stating that FourStroke tech does the machining on the cases I just had a set done.

So with all that work, I'm still looking at a pp job. bigger valves. and all. that good stuff I'm looking at about atleast $1500. Would i be better off putting a big dirt bike engine in it? i want to fix it when it happens and make it my own. I'm not wanting to make some mx bike or nothing, just make a really nice trail bike.

Well then put a High Compression 85mm piston in and bigger cam and spring and valve kit,p&p and be done with it.

Anything more then Hotrods stroker crank will require having the cases bored. Which isn't a super big deal. In my opinion, to get an adequate compression ratio when using the Hotrods +4 crank, is far too much hassle for what it's worth. Even if you use the 85mm JE piston, have a Big Bear cylinder shortened, get gaskets, timing chain, degree in the cam, buy the adjustable cam sprocket, etc, etc... You'll only achieve 388cc. That is 13cc less then the CWR 400 big bore kit, and you won't have the same snappy powerband. The 400 kit is the way to go, again, in my opinion.

I just went from the +4 back to my stock crank, am using Wiseco's new 11:1, advanced my cam 5* and I like my bike so much better. Yeah, I did have to go from a 15T front sprocket down to a 14T because it did loose a hair bit off the bottom end, but, it revs faster and higher so the gearing change is a mute point.

Anything more then Hotrods stroker crank will require having the cases bored. Which isn't a super big deal. In my opinion, to get an adequate compression ratio when using the Hotrods +4 crank, is far too much hassle for what it's worth. Even if you use the 85mm JE piston, have a Big Bear cylinder shortened, get gaskets, timing chain, degree in the cam, buy the adjustable cam sprocket, etc, etc... You'll only achieve 388cc. That is 13cc less then the CWR 400 big bore kit, and you won't have the same snappy powerband. The 400 kit is the way to go, again, in my opinion.

I just went from the +4 back to my stock crank, am using Wiseco's new 11:1, advanced my cam 5* and I like my bike so much better. Yeah, I did have to go from a 15T front sprocket down to a 14T because it did loose a hair bit off the bottom end, but, it revs faster and higher so the gearing change is a mute point.

Doesn't retarding the cam transfer more power to the lower rpm?

No, doing that would increase high rpm power. Advancing the cam allows the valves to open sooner, so the power comes on faster.

Oh duh had a retard moment. Actually it's the intake valve closing sooner that does it. Less static compression bleed off, more dynamic compression, more low rpm based torque

So with any of these mods do you need to use race gas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would that 410cc kit require it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh duh had a retard moment. Actually it's the intake valve closing sooner that does it. Less static compression bleed off, more dynamic compression, more low rpm based torque

Yes, yes, it does. It opens sooner, it closes sooner. I have zero issues with forty over 11:1 on stock crank, running the Mega .450

Back