Homemade mudflaps?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithd

Reaction score
I just aquiring an 87 warrior and failed to notice that the front mud flaps (not fenders, the flap pieces that are riveted below then) have been cut. New ones are about 50 US a piece (I'm a canuck eh) so I figure I could probably make something for cheaper. The shape appears to be pretty simple, and it's just a matter of riveting them on, I think this should work

My problem is what material should I use? I'm looking for something cheap, but durable. Any ideas??
Thanks!

either way you get destroyed with mud on a warrior. Unless you ride clean and not go through mud your gonna get dirty. But since you want them I think you could easily use thin guage aluminum (polished of course) and they would look pretty nice

yea i prbly wouldnt of thought of the polished aluminim but that would prbly look pretty sweet and ive never seen it b4.

Hmm I was thinking plastic/rubber but aluminium may be the ticket! I'm gonna do some measuring and shopping and see what I come up with

hell yea dude the more i think about it the more i think it would look completely bad ass

I have some decent ideas going but I could really use some decent picutres of the stock mudflaps. If anyone has a camera and a spare minute it would be much appreciated!!

if i have some time tomorow ill see if i can get around to taking them, but really you can find plenty of pictures on here if you look around

You would think so, but up close pictures of non cut mudflaps are kind of scarce. They aren't really highlight of these atv's. I just want a reference for angles/proportions and such..

Back