HOLY **** its freaking cold outside

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamexileracing

Reaction score
Well my race is coming up and this is one of the only days that i will have free before the 2nd so i had to get my clutch in and do some other stuff.

Anyways i went down to my barn that isnt heated and its 6 degrees outside so it was basicly 6 degrees inside the barn. Well i was down there for 4 hours, replacing my clutch, replacing an oil line on my big bear oil cooler, changing oil and oil filter. I thought i came home with frostbite....it sucked! At least im ready to race though ;D

Whats the coldest weather you worked in?

well I don't have acces to a garage and I'm in Canada sometimes I work on my bike and it's doing like -30 C outside it's pretty damn cold but when you really want to ride you gotta do it.

My garage has no heat. Thats why my Raptor has been apart for 2 months now. I will get back to it soon I just wanted to touch up the paint on the frame and paint dont like cold. I didnt seem to mind the cold when I rode my sled but then again its the quickest thing Ive ever owned. It just got sold so now I only have my 2 quads, which is plenty. I am blessed.

I feel ya man its 7 here in Indiana with 5 inches on the way and the rider that I sponsor is racing on Sunday in Attica Indiana which is on the illinois line.

Now is the time to stop in to the Home Depot or Lowes. They have some mean heat canons for like 70% off. 75000 btu kerosine ones for $200. Sure makes for a much more comfortable experience.

yeah the last time i had mine out there was 20 something inches of snow and the wind chill was around -15 or -20 without riding like hell lol gotta love it northwestern indiana here

Where my warrior is, there's waist deep snow in places, and I have no chance of riding it through anything but previously cleared roads. Here in toronto its -10c without windchill, with wind it's ******* freezing because I live near apartments and they just channel the wind to the sidewalks.

Hmmmm... lets see. The coldest I have worked on mine is like 45-50 degrees. My garage isn't heated but it is well insulated. When the outside temp drops below freezing, it is still only like 45-50 in the garage. If it is too bad, I just load the Warrior up and take it to work. The garage there is usually about 65-70 during the winter. I love the massive heaters there.

Yeah, this cold **** sucks. I don't think i'd even be trying to get the warrior ready to sell right now if I didn't have a heated garage to work on. Me and 3 of my buddies rent out a 4 bay climate controlled garage for $300 a month. We have one of the big Modine propane heaters the size of a small car in there too, so it takes a good 3 minutes to get that whole garage nice and toasty.

Wow i thought it was cold here....you guys in canada have it bad and for longer then us hahaha that sucks

I feel ya man its 7 here in Indiana with 5 inches on the way and the rider that I sponsor is racing on Sunday in Attica Indiana which is on the illinois line.

Wanna sponsor me hahaha jkjk.

My first race is next weekend and im pumped!

Lol. I don't ride or do anywork on my quads int he winter. To cold. So i just wait until it is one of those heat weeks in the winter were it is 40 and then i work on them.

I must say i have no heat out there but o well it gets me out of the house and I am actually working on something........(even if it is that damn four wheeler) lol

Now is the time to stop in to the Home Depot or Lowes. They have some mean heat canons for like 70% off. 75000 btu kerosine ones for $200. Sure makes for a much more comfortable experience.

THey also have one that attaches directly to a propane tank. It works great and its only like 65 buck and it includes the full propane tank!!!!

Back