hole in engine?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrock420

Reaction score
got a hole the size of a dime ..broke top of circle that wraps around front sprocket ....just wondering if i could cut a piece of another engine n have it welded?

Just have an experienced welder fill the hole in, I see no reason to cut another piece off another engine. All that piece does is protect the stator cover from damage if the chain flies off, but in the process just destroys the case in a different spot.

warriors are notorious for that ....just about everyone i know that has a warrior has the side case welded up from a broke chain...just have it welded shut you'll be fine , or a more costly fix ....get another side case from another warrior and swap it , if you really wannt go through all that

yeah when i got it they had jb weld on it ..and i didnt even see the hole cus oil was all over it from chain

actually done RIGHT....jb weld will hold fine for along time

clean the area with brake cleaner and dremal/sandpaper if possible and make sure to apply and give th JB proper time to dry

spend money on a case saver, great investment on these bikes. Just have fun finding one for ours. Noss machine makes the one I have, its aluminum and lines the inside of the sprocket area as well as the out. Also, just be sure to do regular maintenance (tighten your chain and use the carrier pegs and you'll never have to worry about throwin a chain) the carrier design on the wardogs is flawed, that why you see the case hole on these bikes.

Oh yeah, and chains should be waxed, not oiled.

Noss Machine case saver!!!!!!! a little pricey, but damn worth it!!!!

To me JB Weld is a temporary fix, period. Doesn't matter what it's used for, if it's used in place of a weld, it's not going to last forever. My cousin's 85 lt250r had the same thing happen, the stud for the case saver broke off and he jb welded it back in place. Worked for about a year but it came apart during a ride and he didn't find out until his clutch started slipping in a mud pit... turns out mud and water in your clutch makes it slip. Totally destroyed the quad, so that half assed time saving repair ended up being the death of the quad. Even done "right", there's still no way to completely remove all the oil around it, and it's not nearly as strong as an actual weld even in perfect conditions.

Might be the best $60 you spend on you quad. Rather spend that then have a hole in the case and all the headaches from that.

oh!......... thats the 2nd time you agreed with me!!!! ;D ;D

Back