HMF instalation

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksk350

Reaction score
iv had a hmf slip on for months now, never got the time to bolt it on. i have a raptor 350, anyone know if it will caouse the raptor any damage if i dont jet it right away after i bolt it on. any one ever had any problems bolting it on and do you have to take any plastics off?? thanks

Mine bolted right up after I took my stock exhaust off. It is possible to get by for a short while without rejetting but I don't recamended it becuase it can cause serious harm to your engine and possibly ruin it.

It won't cause any noticeable damage with the stock jetting, it just won't run as well, it'll be too lean. Not lean enough for any serious damage, but lean enough to run worse.

Mad Cow is prolly right you can go without jetting but it will run a bit short of its full potentail.

so it bolted right in no problem? and is ther any tutorial on how to take the carb out. if so can someone please explain how to do it on a rapter 350, i have an idea on how to do it just by eyeing it but i don't want to mess anything up

It's really simple, you would need to undo the clamp that holds it to the head, then remove all the lines and throttle cable. Make sure to turn off the fuel at the tank first though. But you won't need to take it out completely to rejet, just remove it from the head, tilt it so that the float bowl is facing you and rejet like that.

You should ask around for a factory service manual, it's the most useful piece of literature for these machines, tells you everything you'll ever need to know.

It's easier to me to leave the clamp on the front of it, but loosen the one on the air box side, then use a 6mm allen wrench to take it loose from the motor. Otherwise, it is very hard to get it out from between the rubber pieces on front and rear of the carb. And near impossible to get it back in between them without removing the front one and putting it onto the carb before reinstalling it.

If you really don't want to mess with it, just send me the pipe ;D

Well I wouldn't know that, I said that after looking at a picture of the carb boot. :p Forgot to say though, take off the airbox obviously.

yup I just took my stock one off and put the HMF on with no problems. takes a little muscle to get the old pipe off of the header and the HMF on but its no big deal, and means that its gonna seal good.

yup I just took my stock one off and put the HMF on with no problems. takes a little muscle to get the old pipe off of the header and the HMF on but its no big deal, and means that its gonna seal good.

Heh, when I tried taking my pipe off the first time I actually had to push off with my feet on the rear tires, needless to say I ended up stumbling backwards and hitting the wall. :D

lol thats kinda funny. mine didnt come off that hard.

Back