high idle when clutch in

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akaguppy

Reaction score
well i was close to getting the jetting dialed in perfect when my bike started acting up. it idles up real high when you pull the clutch or shift to neutral. it did this a month or so ago and then disappeared and now it is coming back.

things i have tried in past and today

moving the throttle cable around
change gas
moving idle screw

i got it to idle fine by blooping the throttle a few times and was able to get back to the shop and it started to do it again. any ideas if i get time tomorrow i want to go through the bike maybe torn intake boot? i would like to have a lot of ideas to go throw if yall are able to help.

I think ripped boot will make it stall not rev. More air not gas. Maybe your throttle cable needs lubed. Blipping made it quit. Maybe it got stuck?

I think ripped boot will make it stall not rev. More air not gas. Maybe your throttle cable needs lubed. Blipping made it quit. Maybe it got stuck?

i was thinking boot just to throw out ideas that crossed my head i will spray the cable tomorrow. i want to say it is a fairly new cable less then 6 months old

mine does the same my choke has to be out all time to make it from idle real high

have not pulled the choke out when it idled hihg but i will try it next to just to see what happens

i cant remember which pilot you are running and i went way down and then up at 157 if i remember right and i think i have to go up just one more or mess with the needle. i ll be happy when the jetting is done lol

Just don't over think it and you'll do fine. If you have to, talk to Weston about it. He has more experiance, and is his own boss. He won't get yelled at like I will.

And, check to make sure that your crankcase breather isn't pinched from that cap you have on it. If it is, the crankcase gases cannot escape, and it can make the engine smoke.

Just don't over think it and you'll do fine. If you have to, talk to Weston about it. He has more experiance, and is his own boss. He won't get yelled at like I will.

And, check to make sure that your crankcase breather isn't pinched from that cap you have on it. If it is, the crankcase gases cannot escape, and it can make the engine smoke.

ya weston helped me out a good bit already good guy

In going to suggest a good carb cleaning, then when you think it's good and clean, clean it again, it takes a lil bit of nothing to piss these things off.

about to do that today

thank ya all for the ideas

choke stuck even though the choke plunger is in?
forgot to try that today
What jets are you running now?

the pilot you put in and at 160 for main and she sounded nice

In going to suggest a good carb cleaning, then when you think it's good and clean, clean it again, it takes a lil bit of nothing to piss these things off.

cleaned it three times before putting it back on and now it is idling constantly high also the throttle cable was taken of and was free but still cleaned it

it is almost as if the slide wont go down all the way

Take the black linkage cover off the carb and make sure that the idle adjuster screw is touching it when it is idling. If it is not, and it idles high, the cable could be too short or routed in such a way, that it is keeping the throttle plate open. Hell, take the cable off the linkage and see how it idles.

Another thing, spray some carb cleaner on the joint where the carb and intake manifold come together, and where the head and manifold meet. Just spray lightly. Brake clean works too. If the idle changes at all, that is where your problem it.

I still think the choke is stuck internaly.

pulled choke out and idle went up even higher also cleaned it three times and watched it move while i had the carb off

Take the black linkage cover off the carb and make sure that the idle adjuster screw is touching it when it is idling. If it is not, and it idles high, the cable could be too short or routed in such a way, that it is keeping the throttle plate open. Hell, take the cable off the linkage and see how it idles.

Another thing, spray some carb cleaner on the joint where the carb and intake manifold come together, and where the head and manifold meet. Just spray lightly. Brake clean works too. If the idle changes at all, that is where your problem it.

will try this tomorrow

Back