Hi, new here, got a question.. direct shifter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joejefferson

Reaction score
Hi all, great site. I might not use the search function correct since I did not find anything, but does anyone make a direct shifter for the raptor 350's? I really hate the linkage compared to my 700.

Does anyone sell one? If not has anyone fabricated their own and have some pics?

Thanks all :)

YZ250, BOLTS RIGHT UP =].

I think there is a topic some post down that confirms it.

pardon my ignorance, but is that the new 08 rappy 250s? the yz250?

edit seems it is a dirtbike. No luck searching for yz250 on here. Can you link the thread?

Still looking...

Yep, any YZ series shifter will work, 250, 450, etc. I've also read that the YFZ450 shifter works.

Thanks all! I think I might make my own after reading the Big Bear tutorial thread on the shifters.. I need to add the oil cooler. The 350 acts like crap after 30 mins, runs way hot. sucks.. its an 08 too.

Thanks all! I think I might make my own after reading the Big Bear tutorial thread on the shifters.. I need to add the oil cooler. The 350 acts like crap after 30 mins, runs way hot. sucks.. its an 08 too.

Will adding an oil cooler help any?

[quote:dyzg24bu]Thanks all! I think I might make my own after reading the Big Bear tutorial thread on the shifters.. I need to add the oil cooler. The 350 acts like crap after 30 mins, runs way hot. sucks.. its an 08 too.

Will adding an oil cooler help any?[/quote:dyzg24bu]

Well I think so anyways, after what I have seen with it. I bought the 350, and then decided that the GF was gonna get a bike. Long story short, its her 350 now and I ended up with an 06 700r. I love the 700, and the 350. I never had an issue with the 350 the 6 or so times I took it out. Rode all day. Heat and all.
Then last night it was 10 out. yeah i know, cold. But my friend wanted to ride so I didnt care. :)

The 350 gets tough to shift after it is hot. The reverse is hard to get in and out, which I know is normal, but when hot it is impossible. I think that maybe the GF burned the clutch and that is what makes it slip when hot...but maybe I am off with that.

What is everyones thoughts?

Either way I think an oil cooler is a great motor saver..

This is what I ordered from RockyMountainATV.com.
Tusk Folding Shift Lever Silver
Fits: 2003, YAMAHA, YZ250F
Regular: $19.99
Our price: $16.99
Part# 1030850007
It has worked flawlessly.

An oil cooler wont help in cold weather it make it worse. I have 2 07 350's my reverse was tricky to use, then I found out if you rev it a bit then try again it goes in, or step down into first and it will pop in aswell. either trick seems to work and I have had no issues since I figured that out. I haven't ridden mine in hot weather yet, but I hope they run as good as they do now.

Im not saying the cole weather is effecting it.. i am saying that the coldness isnt enough to keep the temps down.

[quote:7nrxe27o]

Will adding an oil cooler help any?

Well I think so anyways, after what I have seen with it. I bought the 350, and then decided that the GF was gonna get a bike. Long story short, its her 350 now and I ended up with an 06 700r. I love the 700, and the 350. I never had an issue with the 350 the 6 or so times I took it out. Rode all day. Heat and all.

Then last night it was 10 out. yeah i know, cold. But my friend wanted to ride so I didnt care. :)

The 350 gets tough to shift after it is hot. The reverse is hard to get in and out, which I know is normal, but when hot it is impossible. I think that maybe the GF burned the clutch and that is what makes it slip when hot...but maybe I am off with that.

What is everyones thoughts?

Either way I think an oil cooler is a great motor saver..[/quote:7nrxe27o]
my raptor does the same thing when it gets too hot. and with the reverse i always pull it back and if it does not click out of gear i let the clutch out a little bit while holding the lever back and it works every time ::)

Back