Hi from Northern IL

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellejw

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is Michelle and I'm the new owner of a '91 Warrior. The last quad I enjoyed was a mid-80's Suzuki Quadrunner 230 - which was a boyfriend's that I dated in the late 80's. We were active members in an ATV club and rode a few trips on the 230 and a couple of 3 wheelers I owned (Honda Big Red and a Yamaha 2-stroke something or other.)

My current BF owns a Honda Foreman 4-wheel drive ATV, and I've been wanting another sport quad for quite some time. He doesn't quite understand why I didn't want a utility quad like his. I finally decided to fund my purchase by selling my sunny-day toy: a '95 Jeep Wrangler. It had been sitting outside in the sun and snow, as my single-car garage was home to my Honda Magna motorcycle and a project bike that I'm in the process of restoring ('66 Honda Benly).

After selling the Jeep, I went on the hunt for a quad, and answered a few ads in the paper. I thought about adding another Honda to my fleet - a mid 90's Four Trax, but it was in very poor shape, and had only a kick-start. The next ad was a Warrior that was on it's second owner, and had been a farmer's vehicle for getting around on the fields. He had replaced it with a Gator. I decided on the Warrior for the electric start and the condition, which looks pretty good for a 16 year old quad. It does have a K&N filter and an FMF MegaMax II exhaust.

The only thing I've done to it is replace the handlebars with new ones, as the original were slightly bent. I may someday add an undercarriage skid plate. I'm not into speed - just tooling around in the forest and enjoying some long rides on trails. I bought a small trailer from the guy who was selling the Four Trax, and need to add a hitch to my van to haul my quad when I want to ride on my own. My boyfriend has a double-axle trailer and tow vehicle that we will use to haul all our toys when we want to ride together.

I'm usually one of those people who spends money on a vehicle after getting it to "make it my own", but the Warrior seems to be just fine the way it is. (I'm sure I'll change my mind on that after seeing the mods others have done to theirs, tho!)

Michelle in Northern IL

Back