Helping the newb. What fits what on 01 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksshane

Reaction score
So Im looking over my 01 warrior that I just got and other than the exhaust it looks pretty much stock to me. Everything seems to be working great but the bike is almost 12 years old so my question is preventive maintenance.
One Im a big guy so Im upgrading the suspension with a raptor 660 rear shock which I found out about doing on the net and is a great alternative price wise to buying aftermarket. Which got me thinking is there anything else I should look at swapping out, and what fits what if I should?

This is just an example cause I really dont know, but something like the spindles. Should I look at replacing them with beefier spindles from a raptor 660 or 700? Or maybe they are no different at all. I dont know...lol

How about front shocks. Im 6'2" 270ish lbs. I read that some people believe the banshee shocks are better, and some think they make no difference (but I think thats for you guys that dont eat cheese on your cheeseburgers). Would a different front shock benefit my bike when it has to haul my arse around?

Back