Help??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamyamahapa

Reaction score
I have a 98 warrior and I think the clutch may be going bad but its a racing clutch and i have no idea how to tell what kind it is and im not even sure its bad? my quad has all of a sudden been hard to roll and when i shift and let go of the clutch, it drags and it takes a while for the quad to seem to kick all the way into gear, hard to explain but i lost alot of acceleration, do you think its the clutch or something else? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also i forgot to mention, i can put it into reverse but when i try to take it out of reverse i have to turn the quad off for it to go out of reverse nice and easy, it rarely will go back into gear when its running :(

mine can be a bitch after it gets hot to shift back into gear too, but it shifts fine otherwise, lol sorry i couldnt be any other help

Also i forgot to mention, i can put it into reverse but when i try to take it out of reverse i have to turn the quad off for it to go out of reverse nice and easy, it rarely will go back into gear when its running :(

thats just a warrior thing, mine does it too. sometimes not all the time.

I'd adjust the clutch cable and go from there. My Rappy 350 dosn't have these problems, but it is hard as hell to find nuetral while running.

Im running yamalube 4-stroke racing oil...

That shouldn't be the problem then. It sounds like either you're out of adjustment, or more likely the clutch got burned up, so it's both dragging when disengaged, and slipping when under power. I guess the next thing to do would be to order a clutch kit, or take it apart and check it out first if you're on a tight budget. An ebc clutch kit and cometic gasket is only like $75 on rockymountainatv, so i'd just order up the kit and tear into it when you get the parts. It's not too hard to do with a decent set of tools and a service manual.

well when I got it there is some sorta racing clutch on it, has a diff lever and lower adjusters and such, I think its a wholeshot clutch kit or something, anyone know where i can get another nice performance/durable clutch kit for a decent price?

I'll throw in my vote for the Barnett clutch just cause thats what I run, I've had great luck, awesome hook up, no problems

Just because you have an aftermarket clutch lever doesn't mean you have a racing clutch. Chances are that if it's slipping it wasn't a good quality clutch to begin with, assume it's the stock one unless you've seen proof that there's something better in there.

It really donsn't make a difference anyways, I'm running an EBC clutch with heavy springs, and with all my mods I can't even get a hint of slippage or fade out of it after a year of hard riding. Unless you have some heavy engine mods, don't worry about getting a so-called racing clutch, just stay away from the real cheapos like "tusk" clutches.

Back