HELP! several ?'s *updated 9-24*

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get another stock unit or spend the money on a Dyna - a cheap aftermarket CDI will only fail on you again. Most companies that make 130$ cheap CDI boxes all use PROCOM to produce them - PROCOM is a **** CDI.

well after the cdi spark is great and plug is getting wet so i know im getting fuel. timing is a little ahead judging by the marks. I got it to start today by pull starting it and it ran like a champ! It runs great and pulls hard but will not start with the starter for anything, even with starting fluid. As soon as i drop the clutch while pull starting it, it will start instantly. Any new ideas? thanks for the help guys

Is the starter cranking? If it's cranking but not catching, maybe the teeth are mashed or the oneway bearing is shot!

its cranking bc every now and then you can hear it sort of backfire through the carb. i put a one way in it about a year ago.

any ideas guys? problem is now that it wont start with the starter, only if its pull started.

if/when you transport it, do you keep it in gear, and use that as a parking brake? If so, even if it's only a year old, that can wear out your newer one way. Is there anything else electrical that's effected? if not when it's running how does it run?
~Bill

always in neutral and strapped down and it runs better than ever when i get it started ??? could the starter be drawing to much to make it spark when under compression while starting cuz it has awesome spark out of the cylinder

it could be that your puls regulator is going bad and not letting enough fire through the system and its useing all of the bike battery power for tuning the machine over

Back