Help! No gas to motor!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000customwarrior

Reaction score
ive cleaned the carb, rebuilt it, retimed it, new carb boot and all, and still, no gas to the motor and a dry spark plug. Anyone got any knowledge of whats going on?!?!

amazing compression, great spark, carb is not clogged anymore, but the spark plug is not getting wet, nor when i go to check the compression, nothing...

2012-04-03200659.jpg
this is the bottom of carb

also what position is your Jet needle that is the needle that the throttle cable connects to in the top of carb

If you pump the throttle to get the accel pump to spray gas into the intake, will it start? Sounds like something is plugged up somewhere. This is going to be really long, but, one area to look into is the pilot circut passageway (if I remember correctly) that can't be seen unless the slide/mainjet insert in removed. I'm talking about the gray Y shaped piece of plastic the the main jet screws into. To remove it, you will need a tamperproof torx driver (torx with a little hole in the tip). Once those 2 screws are removed (up top were the slid goes in), with the bowl removed, place the main jet tube flat on a work bench, and press down to push in out of the carb. DO NOT try to pull in up with pliers, it WILL break. Don't forget to spray the insert down with lube. Now, after all that you're probably hoping I've reached the point, well I have! lol. When you have the insert out inspect the 2 o-rings that are on it, they go bad and can plug up the passageway. And, if you look into the bore the insert goes into you will see the passage way I've been talking about. Remove the pilot screw and blow air in it's whole to get anything out of the passageway. Lastly when putting the insert back in, spray lube on the o-rings, or smear a very small amout of vasoline on them. If you don't they will either roll out of their groves, or get cought on the passageway you just cleaned. Hope that does it for you.

Last edited:
gonna be a complete newb right now, wtc is 2+2? ive used engine starter fluid straight into the motor.. sorry yall, still learning, but learning from the best

no it wont start like that, but acts like it wants to. My dad was working on the carb today, let it soak in some strong cleaner overnight, then tore it done and rebuilt it, but didnt have the tools to get to it, but i will go thru and get the carb off, but it may be friday or saturday before we find anything out

if she has spark and you sprayed starter fluid into the engine she should fire. sure you are not 180 out of timing?

Back