Help locating service in alberta

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynxgen

Reaction score
now now boys, not that kinda service!!! lol

what im after, is a shop or place perferably in aproximately central alberta, IE edmonton area, stretching off to the cold lake area of the province.

My warrior makes a clunk clunk clank sound deep inside her when i crank her over.. needless to say, she isnt running.. im guessing something along the lines of a crankshaft/bearing or con-rod bearing, or I suppose totaly completely gone rings is a possiblilty as well...

at any rate, since i gotta suffer ripping the engine out and apart, if it needs any work inside and new parts, as im certain it does, i think i may as well just go ahead and do her up some and be done with it.

she already has a stage 1 hotcam, (ya ya I know -but it was cheaper than than an OEM cam when i had to replace it..)

the whole rest of the machine is like new and fixed, so i cant jsut be done with it.. although better judgement and opinions advise differently, (But why start listening to the ole lady now right??? hehe)

so anyways, to sum up my long rambling post and cut to the chase,
anyone know of anyplaces in alberta i can get the engine bored out etc?

I dont wanna send the thing state side, and would perfer a place i can drive to and drop it off, even if its like a 3-4 hour drive.. I hit up the city (Edmonton) from time to time, and will be there for school again in a couple months.

guess what im after is a place with a decent reputaion as well..

I dunno, but thanks in advance everyone!!

Happy riding!

~L~

The clunk-clunk when cranking is the one-way bearing for the starter. Just about all of 'em do that from what I understand, including mine.

If it's clunking when running, well that's something else...

it started making this knockety-rickety-rackety sound, and then dropped power, so i got off the trail along the road, thinking its gona be much easier to load when i get the truck if im on the road.. then i let off n she died..

so i decided the middle of the road wasnt quite the best place either.. so i managed to fire her up, and went about 2 feet, and she died again.. that was the last time it started.. lol

its deffinately something deep inside the core of its heart.. too much mud and running slow for an air cooled unit such as her.. i hate the mud. id rather just rip along the trails through the trees, nice n twisty etc...

but yeah, i know its an internal engine issue.. its not the kinda sound a starter has the capabilty to make.. and all the sound of a rod or crank shaft.. ugh

Back