HELP...final full scale mock up!!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know, but deadlast said white just threw another "kink" in my thoughts, still wanna know what rocker guard is.

Rocker panel paint........DUH, ty bones. ( for everything today :haha:)

finally gonna stop raining, lower humidity, PAINT frame in AM------finally!

Hey Midway! bout time I heard from you! thanks man, i will look into that, this started out as a fucked up axle..................look at me now! A clear coat would be nice thou i was thinkin. WD should work to. the sad part is im just welded my rotor hub to axle, a new axle is due but i didnt see why welding them 2 together for now was gonna hurt me, I can still get it in n out, why did they make it like that:???: and further whats the actual purpose of the spacer in the carrier:???:

The spacer in the carrier makes the bearings tighten to each other at a specific width without putting too much side load on the ball bearings and the race they run in.

If you use the clear coat on the cases be careful of using carb cleaner and certain brake clean. I cleared my Banshee cases after blasting them, then ruined it with some O'Reilly house brand brake clean. I was cleaning around the carbs to get ready to jet and it ruined the clear on top of the cases. Zep brake clean won't hurt it and it holds up well to the engine heat.

1st coat black

It looks grey from flash i guess..........1 hr ill b puttin on 2nd coat........still not lookin "hammered" but im ok with that, just got off phone with rustoleum, ...............this is all FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Minus my labor, which I did try to get! fellow rider, he was cool as **** , gonna b RUSTOLEUM poster "WARRIOR"

Last edited:
i just asked that ques. about the spacer too...damm i had to cut mine off my axle...what happend if i dont run with the spacer?? im gettin the bearings from pivot works for 40$ but no spacer included...could i make one...id really like to know how i should go about this before assembly...mid way any help would be awesome....

i just asked that ques. about the spacer too...damm i had to cut mine off my axle...what happend if i dont run with the spacer?? im gettin the bearings from pivot works for 40$ but no spacer included...could i make one...id really like to know how i should go about this before assembly...mid way any help would be awesome....

I don't have any of mine apart so I can't give you any dimensions. Maybe someone on here can help with that info. The spacer needs to be in there to prevent too much side load on the bearing. Too much side load will cause them to fail. If you have access to a lathe, it wouldn't be too hard to make one.

i got a mill a lathe and everything...so would steel or some alumnium be best...tryin to keep it low budget but dependable...and when u say fail u mean when i land a triple pegged in third im gonna hit the ground n there gonna explode lol i ran em till they did explode already..and shouldnt have cuz i messed eveything else up thnks again man

ask mrjim0214 I think he can give you dimensions of the carrier spacer his is still apart I think? if not I have an extra rear end I can disassemble and get you dimensions of the spacer by later tomorrow night

yamahahauler that would be godly of you...im in no rush to assemble my rear end...as i have her a little torn down now....do some mid summer clean up maint. and some mods...i priced a spacer two places one on flea bay n the other on RMATV and both were close to 50 w/o shipping...i refuse to pay that for something that simple...

I would make it out of steel. The outside diameter probably wouldn't matter. The inside diameter probably is not real critical either as long as it isn't too sloppy and slides over the center of the axle. The length is what will be important. As far as failure, I don't know what would happen.

Sorry mine is now installed, i guess i shoulda taken dimensions if i had known! I would think you could make 1 thou, nothing but a pipe! measure OD of axle and width between bearings, oh hell yamahauler can get u this ****, **** that **** paying for something so simple! all it is .......is a piece of pipe!

Latest posts

Back