Help!!!! Clutch or tranny

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when ever i shift it seems like i didnt get it into the next gear almost like i only have 2 gears because as soon as i shift i have to shift again.

im gonna say its ur clutch. like when you shift and let out of the clutch and floor it does the engine just feel like it revs up really fast and your not goin anywhere?

yea almost like i just pulled the clutch in and never shifted. until i get up to like 6th

i was running yamalube but i found out after letting it sit for a while that i was getting gas in the oil and changed to a thicker oil i cant remember what exactly now tho. im trying to get her back to good running condition......i fixed the problem with gas getting in the oil lol just reread that and it sounded bad.

Last edited:
If its cold outside and the thicker oil is colder it will take time to warm up and thin out enough to get around all the parts. Does it still do this even after warmed up? If not then the clutch may need to be adjusted a little, there may not be enough slack in the cable and it has a slight tension and is letting the clutch engage, if thats not it then it may need to be replaced. May change the oil if you haven't yet, having gas in the oil of course is a bad thing it will break down and thin out the oil and is not good on the parts.

yea it happens all the time. no matter how long iv been riding. and i did drain all the old oil with gas in it. i actually noticed this problem with the clutch/tranny in the middle of the summer just been swamped with school. but now christmas is here i might be buying her some new parts for christmas.

the gas actually hardens the disks and makes them slip if there has been gas in the oil for a while... this happeded to my dads warrior before it was stolen, ( with an almost new clutch too) put another clutch in it and it was fine

Back