help! carb help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puhly

Reaction score
i have a 96 warrior bored .40 over.
intake boot is good.
idles good (stock pilot jet)
needle is stock setting
main is 144
air fuel screw is 1.25 turns out
ngk d8ea new plug.
hmf pipe.
timing is spot on
valves are adjusted accordingly

if i mash the throttle it wants to bogg down

but if i ease into the throttle it runs and revs up fine.

also idk if this is supposed to happen but after i start bike up and happen to pull the choke out after its running the bike dies. dont know if these two problems are related. but if anyone can help other than saying read the jetting guides use the search etc. .. it would greatly be appreciated

put air/fuel screw at 2 turns out
and get a 147.5 & 150 main stock is 145
also make sure the Accel pump is moving freely

thank you.... next dumb question. ordering jets online where to go?

Alright I turned the air mixture screw out to 2 turns went up to 147.5 runs great except for the mashing the throttle right off the get go

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

sounds like the accel pump rod is sticking take the bowl off the carb and get it moving freely also change out the spring with a bic click pen spring and put a valve cap on the top of the accel pump rod so it activates sooner
there is a thread somewhere that shows how to do these simple mods with pics

did the spring mod and the valve cap mod. and accel pump rod seems to be moving freely. still doing . it guess its really not the big of a deal. just frustrating to spend days on the carb trying to figure out jetting and what not. and it not be 100%.. thank you .

Back