HELP!!! another problem boys

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony1177

Reaction score
ok boys here goes. Ok well did all that motor work and drives great, buutttttt when i go through any significant water, it sounds like it bogs down and dies. Now i did look at filter and doesnt sem to be gettin wet. so hs snyone had this prob before??? not sure if i hae a wire issue or what. help me out guys

i have the same problem i have to creep through water, if i fly through even a small puddle it will act like it wants to die....or it will die and wont start till like 10 mins later...never really messed with it i figured something needed water proofing but its hard to say what it is that does need water proofing...

thats what it does. but it never did that before i rebuilt this motor. so im thinking when putting all back together i missed soemting or chaffed somes wires.

What i'm going to tell you is what you probably already know. There's some exposed wiring somewhere, it'll take a process of trial and error to find it. You can start by taking all the connectors on the harness apart and cleaning them out and putting some dielectric grease in there, specifically the connectors at the stator and CDI. Another method that might help narrow it down is to have the quad running, and hose it down and see if you can re-create the problem, when you spray something and it shuts off you probably found the culprit.

yea guys i was playing around with it today and noticed that my K&n air filter and rubber hose was wet and had water in it. i dont run a box lid so im figuring the water flooded (literally) the card of filter. il try again tomorrow

Back