Hello from Illinois

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aviation-nut

Reaction score
My first time here. from Central Il. Hello everyone.

I just got me a 1994 Warrior. I traded my Jeep Grand Cherokee for it, Its in really good condition and runs well. I had to put about 300 bucks in it to get it running. Things like new stator, carb, brakes, battery, all the maintenance crap.

I have a hard time walking and use it to get around on my property, or I will this summer.

I would like to do a few upgrades to her like maybe change the engine out for something in the 4 cylinder range, but that will be next winter when I do that. I might go twin cylinder, we will have to wait and see.

My son pulling my grand daughter. This was taken a few days ago.

Tony <--------- Aviation-Nut

Attachments

• Justin pulling halie on a slid 012.jpg
    Justin pulling halie on a slid 012.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Haha great pic! I do the same with my daughter..welcome to the forum Tony!

Haha great pic! I do the same with my daughter..welcome to the forum Tony!

We have her a cheap TaoTao ATV 250D. We picked it up used. It has never been started. In shipping a couple parts got broke and it would not run. The kids that owned it pulled it around with another atv. It does not even have the valve stems in the tires. I am working on that now for her. She is a bit small for it but will grow into it.

Thanks for the warm welcome Jimmy.

Frit very cool we might have to get together sometimes and go for a ride. Right now I am in the market for another atv for my son. He wants a banshee or raptor 660 or 700.

Jimmyde78 I agree with you.

I call that airplane my Go-Kart in the sky. It weighs a little over 400 lbs without me in it. It has a 40 HP engine that is a VW bug engine that is cut in half with a hack saw. Then made into a twin. Its been stroked and has the biggest jugs you can put on it. Its a 1000cc twin engine.

Most on this forum have more money in their Warrior then I have in this airplane. You can purchase a plane such as this for between 6-8 grand.

I also have another airplane. Its a racer that has a VNE or never exceed speed of 200 mph. Both are single seat and both are flown under the Sport Pilot Program.

Anyone can do this. If you can fly an RC airplane, you have the skills to fly my airplane. You would need to learn a few things but you are already on track if you fly RC's. I am not talking quad copters but actual fixed wing RC airplanes.

Tony

Last edited:
The weather is right for riding. Looking out my front door.

Attachments

• atv 001.jpg
    atv 001.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for welcoming to your forum. I am new to ATV's. My son need a truck and I had a jeep just setting. He traded some rc stuff for an ATV with title. It did not run and had cut fenders.

I gave him the jeep for the ATV. The ATV sat for over a year. I am not in the best health walking wise. The time came when the doctor told me no more walking long distances. So I repaired this atv to get around on my property where I live.

I purchased some plastics from e-bay for it. Put some new parts on it and now I have a really nice atv. I do wish it had racks. I would like a 4x4 with racks. I need to haul gas cans and tool boxes out to my hangars. This atv gets me around but a 4x4, that is what I need, something automatic would even be better.

I hear ya with the bad back thing. I broke mine on a snowmobile years ago and am paying the price now. I sold my warrior and got a polaris 400 4x4 fully auto transmission. I love the polaris and it rides like a dream. I could only ride the warrior for about 10 minutes before the pain got intense. I can ride the polaris all day on the same terrain as I rode the warrior and not hurt at all. Added bonus is that I warmed up the polaris a tad and it runs with, and past, my buddy's warrior easily.

I hear ya with the bad back thing. I broke mine on a snowmobile years ago and am paying the price now. I sold my warrior and got a polaris 400 4x4 fully auto transmission. I love the polaris and it rides like a dream. I could only ride the warrior for about 10 minutes before the pain got intense. I can ride the polaris all day on the same terrain as I rode the warrior and not hurt at all. Added bonus is that I warmed up the polaris a tad and it runs with, and past, my buddy's warrior easily.

I have broke my back 5 times and my neck once.

Back