Hello everyone

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stalker

Reaction score
First off I would like to say hello to everyone here and I look forward to becoming a knowledgeable warrior owner via this board ;). I took a 97-01 warrior (honestly dont know the year) in a partial trade for my 2005 TLD predator I had. This thing needs some TLC, it does not run and has no spark, and I am on my way to providing it. I ordered new wheel bearings, MSR shorty clutch perch, brake block off, RM stator full electronics kit (stator, cdi and coil) clutch cable, throttle cable, and now I am looking for new shock bearings for the front... Anyone with more experience have advise for a newbie to the warrior world? I dont think this poor quad has ever had any form of maintenance performed EVER, I have a feeling this will become a money pit in no time (gotta have a hobby). I have intentions of giving this to the wife after completion and buying myself a bigger quad (700r or KTM 525) again.

Any other advise you more experienced crowd can provide to me would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome and it looks like your on a good start.........pics are always welcomed!

Come on in....You will find just about whatever your needs maybe here.

Enjoy

Welcome bro, definatley post some pics of the wore out beast. In no time she'll be purring like a walrus!

This "hobby" has been my passion for almost 4full years now. I like to pick out the quads that no one really likes or wants ( my predator ) and have my way with them. ATVing is the best sport on the planet (well atleast close to college football) there is no way I could venture far from it.

Pics added to the pictures area

darebee said:
Welcome
I would pull the carb, clean it and install a rebuild kit and get a new air filter as well.
Oil and filter is a good idea too.

The oil/filter was a given. As for the carb I have it off and will be soaking it in a bucket of carb cleaner because this thing was GUMMED UP. Hopefully it will free up and work properly so I dont have to buy another one.

quote]

The oil/filter was a given. As for the carb I have it off and will be soaking it in a bucket of carb cleaner because this thing was GUMMED UP. Hopefully it will free up and work properly so I dont have to buy another one. [/quote]

If it is not corroded it will be fine with some TLC and a rebuild

I soaked the carb overnight and blew it out with my compressor and she is as free as a bird. I am still waiting on the Stator kit to arrive though.

Back