Heel guards

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely a mud trap. Filled her up yesterday. Most times I avoid the mud though so not worried about that. More concerned with getting my foot caught in the tire and dragged. Been there done that once or twice.

Might something like this work for drain holes?
http://www.amazon.com/Greenlee-Punch-Piece-Bearing-Drive/dp/B00011Q68S
The sets aren't cheap to buy. Probably could borrow one from an electrician friend. They punch nice clean edged holes without hacking up plastic or thin sheetmetal. I use them if I need to make any hole larger than 1/2".

Search ebay for "greenlee punch".

Last edited:
I thought about taking a hole saw and making some holes, but kind of like it solid, though. Where I went riding yesterday would have had the Bling Star ones packed solid with mud too. The webbing on my heel guards was almost packed shut with mud and leaves. I have had stock ones on one of my former Banshees packed solid as well. My whole reasoning for wanting something there is to keep my feet out of the tire.

banshee_muddy.jpg

Really I like the looks of that set up. I'm waiting on the same pegs you have. Then I was goIng to get nerfs and I have been wondering what nerfs fit the pegs

I have been thinking of building heel gaurds out of sheet metal and I see duneracerweston has and they look pretty nice :)

Mmmm ok because I am thinking of doing this because I have a metal brake and mig,tig,stick welder only thing is as I am lazy :p

Well after I made the plastic heel guards, my friend at the dealer shows up with his YFZ stuff he took off. I had already cut and modified his old pegs and bolted them on. The YFZ heel guards actually bolted up with just a little bending and here are the pics:

yfz_heel.jpg

yfz_heel_01.jpg

These are the YFZ heel guards? They look good :tup:

These are the YFZ heel guards? They look good :tup:

Yes they are. Not sure what year. Friend that works at the Yamaha dealer had them. He used to race and put Rath nerfs and heel guards on his 450. Also had some GYTR nerfs he brought to me. They wouldn't fit but he told me to repair them and clean them up and put them on E-Bay for him.

Had to make some spacers at work today to even things out and make them fit a little better. I am very happy with how they turned out and here is the final result:

warrior_heel_01.jpg

warrior_heel_02.jpg

warrior_heel_03.jpg

warrior_heel_lh.jpg

warrior_heel_rh.jpg

warrior_heel_rh_01.jpg

Back