header mod question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRK5892

Reaction score
i have been reading about these power bomb headers. to me that looks like a stock header but an expansion chamber placed into it... is that true? is there a specific point i should install this? we build motorcycle pipes, car exhaust, and custom turbo piping in the shop all the time so welding in a chamber should not be a problem. just need to know if there is a specific size or area that this has to be added. thanks for all your help!

Ya we've been through this recently, sparky makes them. They help with torque as it helps relieve exhaust pressure spikes from the single cylinder engine yet it'll take some performance away as it'll cause a disturbance in the flow if looking for exhaust velocity.

The powerbomb and megabomb are more of a resonator

ya i am sorry about that i saw the recent post i was just looking to build my own, and was not sure if there was a specific size the chamber needs to be or location on the actual pipe it needs to be placed, i can also make a small baffle in there if that will help reduce the power loss

I still haven't had anyone complain about any power loss. All speculation from nay sayers so far. Praises from the ones using them.

Once again yes my answers are theoretical and don't know to what extent without further calculation or flow bench testing but yes I do defiantly see how it will help torque

It seems like we just keep coming back to this subject. Haha
It's kind of like any of the mods we do. We like to save money. For instance
Dual piston calipers/ do we stop ok with the calipers we have, yes
Banshee/ 660raptor rear shock/ is it better yes. Would an $800 Works be better?
Gearing
Carbs
Tires
So on so
Is a powerbomb better? Yes it's stainless
Is a Torq pipe $180? No
We all try to build on a budget. We swap parts deal on parts and give parts away. That's the joy of all of us working together.
It's too bad people have to be one up'rs.

I'm tired of the hassle and constant justification of the pipes I build.

I'm officially out of business!
Thanks for the support of the ones who have purchased and enjoyed them.

Gearing
Carbs
Tires
So on so
Is a Torq pipe $180? No
We all try to build on a budget. We swap parts deal on parts and give parts away. That's the joy of all of us working together.

I wouldnt let people discourage me from doing something that I love and enjoy doing. I dont think you should either. I'm just giving a none biased opinion. I still have my stock header lol.

Gearing
Carbs
Tires
So on so
Is a Torq pipe $180? No

Haha na man keep doing it the product your making is good it just highly interests me on whats going on. im not trying to one up or anything im just an engineer and like to learn whats really going on and carrying discussions about it. ive already learned the possibilities of it and the benefits by applying what ive learned about single cylinder engines. just keep doing it man id even be willing to do a comparison with the powerbomb

Last edited:
I really need to take some time and get my bike and my daughters bike ready for our first season of racing together. I have kind of put my bike on the back burner. I have a feeling riding hard for that long I'm going to find a lot of weak links.
I have overcome quite a few by the help of the forum.

hell ya racing will find weak links hell i maintain the crap out of mine and still find weak links all the time and thats awesome your getting your daughter into racing. you doing xc?

We have a few grand nationals, but mostly little hare scrambles. She wants to mx though. Who knows the 30+ class may not be that bad. I call it family fun!

hey so me, beast and bryan arent the only ones racing these? i wanna hear more! what you running? XC, MX, GNCC, CC? what you running for suspension tire PSI? sag settings? ect ect! thats the stuff that gets me excited!

sparky if you do MX i can help with set up and im sure kyle could too but im not sure he does much suspension changes for mx..

i run 3" sag
4psi in the rear on hard pack and 6psi on the really loamy stuff
6psi up front for the hard pack and 8psi for the loamy stuff
3* camber if your tring to fight tire roll slamming in the corners, that helps for me.
toe you want to be 1/16 toe in because it helps with tracking and bump steer.

im sure theres other stuff im forgetting lol

I run XC. First race of the year for me is in march. I've got some Works front shocks on (man they are smooth) and i'm rebuilding a banshee rear, now i've just got to get a steering dampener and i'll be good to go. Oh and i need alot of practice riding and exercise lol

Back