header bolts broken

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treydg2003

Reaction score
I just got done riding and my bike started making a noise like an exhaust leak well the header bolts are broken off. I have no idea what to do? How do i get the broken bolts out with out screwing up my head? Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

If any of the bolt is sticking out you may be able to get it off with a vise grip or something! Mine was broken inside so I tried drilling a hole and using an easyout. I screwed it up and the easyout snapped in the bolt so I had a machine shop take it out for $60.

If you don't know what you're doing, take it to a machine shop or some other repair shop that is experienced with this stuff. There just aren't any fool-proof ways of doing it. If you would go about it wrong, you could end up making it worse or ruining the head completely.

If you don't know what you're doing, take it to a machine shop or some other repair shop that is experienced with this stuff. There just aren't any fool-proof ways of doing it. If you would go about it wrong, you could end up making it worse or ruining the head completely.

+100

Yeah im going to try to drill tap them. Well i dont know how they broke really. One of them must have been broken when i bought the bike and the guy that had it before me must have just tightend the other one really tight and finally it broke as well. They are both broke off in the head though. Well i know a boy that is an A machinest and he is going to come look at it and tell me what he thinks and try to do it him self without me taking the head off and taking it to a shop. If anyone has any other suggestions im ALL EARS

Did u have to take the head off to have the machine shop take them out??

I took mine off! Thats a pretty tough place to get into if the engine is still in the frame.

If there is something to grab - heat and vise grips. If there is nothing, drill it out, use an easy out -again heat will make it real easy.

Back