Head porting/polishing valve job

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missouritrailrider

Reaction score
How many people would be interested in a head port/polish and 3 angle valve job for $275? I have a guy who does all this, he has mine now and it looks great, he mostly does race cars, ect but he is really good and has a template for the warrior/raptor head as well as many more quads, it is a very good deal

Not saying anything bad, but it's a bit on the expensive side, as FST dose it for $175 and he knows the Warrior head well. Unless that price includes a SERDI valve job thats expensive.

really? i didn't know it was so cheap through them, ill talk to him and see if he might do it for cheaper

Yeah for the SERI it is way expensive. I checked other shops and they where about $400.00 bucks for everything including that valve job. Just doing a regular 3 angle and port was a lot cheaper.

well for just the 3 angle valve job it is $90, to get the valve job, trail port, polish exhaust port, and reasseble as well as check for any warping it is $200 plus shipping, and to bore and hone is $50, he does great work, ill get some before and after pics of my warrior head when i get it done

What about to put in a oversize intake valve on top of the $200 package?

i'm not sure but I do not believe he is set up to do that currently, he just moved shops and everything, i'll talk to him some more and ask him though as I want it on mine too, he would not charge much more

it would only really help on like a 400 cc kit or more, according to him, he told me to upgrade the carb and that would help out more, he said the gains would not be hardly noticable on my 366 kit

yeah the stock head flows alot of air for sure. Not a whole lot to gain, just in the low lifts which is why SEDI valve cuts are awesome.

ya the serdi valve cuts can do up to an 8 angle job, it is a lot faster to do this way and more accurate if the valve seats are really worn out of round, usually they are not, the guy doing these ones is old fashioned, been doing engine work every since the old hot rod days and uses gringing stones, just as many shops still do, it is a little slower process but get the job done, especially for a 3 angle job, which is way better than the stock job, he told me a 5 angle would not gain me much more noticable power

ya the serdi valve cuts can do up to an 8 angle job, it is a lot faster to do this way and more accurate if the valve seats are really worn out of round, usually they are not, the guy doing these ones is old fashioned, been doing engine work every since the old hot rod days and uses gringing stones, just as many shops still do, it is a little slower process but get the job done, especially for a 3 angle job, which is way better than the stock job, he told me a 5 angle would not gain me much more noticable power

If you seen the way they did valve jobs back then then you would see how "acurate" it is, doesn't matter how good or worn the seats are it has to do with the guide as the tool uses it as a center.
There is a reason why F1, Nascar and every form of top level racing is using this SERDI machine to cut seats. . lots to gain when the valve when it is just lifting off the seat.

what jason says is true, however, these warrior motors are far from nascar and indy style motors, lol

what jason says is true, however, these warrior motors are far from nascar and indy style motors, lol

Very true.... those motors are far advanced. But that doesnt mean a motor wont benefit from a high quality proffesional style work. The way i look at it.... the more technologically advanced parts you can put in a motor the more advanced it is.

Back