head bolts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11_FX4

Reaction score
Im getting my head back soon and a few things I want to get in order before I get it. Can I reuse the stock head bolts or are they torque to yield? Also I have a manual but it has no torque specs as far as putting the engine back together, could someone be so kind as to give me the torque specs for putting a head and jug back on the engine? And finally where is everyone ordering the thin cometic gaskets for a 85mm bore?

P.S. I searched but probably not hard enough, the search pulls up old and I mean old threads that have no more pics or links that are dead

I tighten the head bolts to 32ftlbs, and get the allen heads as tight as I can.

Ok one last question, I have lost two of the copper washers for the head bolts. Can I replace the copper with a steel washer or the same size and thickness?

I wouldn't, get copper, the expansion rate is different & the copper will seal differently (if a steel washer sealed at all). Yamaha did that for a reason. Also you asked about reusing the bolts, always check bolts for stretch, usually when they need replacing it's obvious to see.

yep yep neet to use copper there the headbolts are fluted because the are oil gallies and the oil flows to the head through there under pressure

Back