has anyone tried an electrosport stator?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moby

Reaction score
I'd been trying to figure out this hard starting I've been having on 94 warrior. ohm'd the stator and ignition coil. ignition very close. stator way off. wire colors different than manual. between brown & green wires (assuming pick up coil) 307. between red & white wire (assuming source coil) 493. pretty sure stator is bad.
on my motorcycles I've always used genuine parts but a Yamaha stator is major $.
I've been looking online and found a few but I know nothing about the quality. has anyone used an elecrosport stator? or a moose? both are in the $150 - $200 range. or any other out there that are decent & affordable?
and also where is a good place to order from?
thanks

Moby I have only owned an atv for a very short time, so I am no expert but here is what I found on my new to me warrior.

Mine would only run when pulled started . If you tried to start it with the starter she would just crank and crank.
I knew right off it was a pickup coil. I did not need to test anything, been there and done this on two stroke aviation engines.
So I logged onto e-bay. No way I was spending the cash Yamaha wanted for one of these stators pickup coils. I ordered the cheapest one I could find. It cost along with a stator cover gasket 45 bucks. I could have picked up a stator a little cheaper if I wanted to order from two different people. But I did not want to do this, I wanted one order on everything.
When the stator arrived it took me maybe 15 mins to take the engine apart and replace the stator and pickup coil. Its so easy and simple to do. The engine started right up after installation. She runs great on these parts.
Look to ebay.
Tony
P.S. My warrior is a 94 model.

Last edited:
i had looked at ebay as a starting point. can't beat the price but can't trust the parts. have buddies that have bought stuff on ebay and all has failed quickly. the best were brake pads for a cbr600 that didn't make it through a weekend

I checked out RM. they have it for $149. and it has a one year warrenty. which I think is very good on an electrical component.

Order one caltric off amazon. I got mine from them for 39 with free shipping and it works great. I've gotten a few parts from them and if it doesn't work they are good about fixing the prob.

didn't turn out to be stator. my manual had a supplementary section that I luckily stumbled upon before ordering. stator ohm readings were in line. the ignition coil needed a new spark plug boot (not sure if that proper name). who knew that boot thing had a resistor in it and just screws off. but learning new things and actually having it run when your done, that's the enjoyment of working on stuff

ign coil ohms

didn't turn out to be stator. my manual had a supplementary section that I luckily stumbled upon before ordering. stator ohm readings were in line. the ignition coil needed a new spark plug boot (not sure if that proper name). who knew that boot thing had a resistor in it and just screws off. but learning new things and actually having it run when your done, that's the enjoyment of working on stuff

Moby, I thought your first post said that your coil readings were close?

that was two months ago. I don't remember. i'll blame too many bud lights while I was working on it. or too many since then. probably both. i told the Yamaha dealer what it was doing and what my readings where and they had me try the spark plug boot.

Back