Has anyone ever heard of a 380cc big bore kit?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamdaman

Reaction score
OK so yesterday I was talking to my dad about the mods he did to the warrior back when he still rode it, and he started talking about how one time the intake valve got jammed and the piston smacked into it a few times, so Long story short he had to replace the piston, cam, and valves, and it scratched up the cylinder. But this happened about ten years ago so the details are a little fuzzy. He says that he had it bored 30cc over to fix the cylinder but I've never heard of a kit that size so I'm guessing it's actually .030 over stock but i've never heard of that either. Is there actually a 30cc kit and is there anyway I can figure what size the bore is without taking the top end apart?

the max bore is a 366 so he probley bored it 0.30 dude and there is no way to check unless you remove the head. and damn you ms with you short fast answers!

I figured it was only .030 over but I've never heard of a kit that size, but there's a pretty good chance that my dad has got the facts mixed up....... I mean this was about 10 years ago.

did he buy it new? cause thats awesome if its a pass me down! i wish my quad was my dads! (that way i could know it hasent been molested)!

Ya he bought it brand new in 97 then he gave it to me two years ago. But it wasn't exactly gently used. It's been rolled several times, he tried to turn it into a submarine, he hit a barbed wire fence at 30mph, and the motor blew up. But this thing is 10x better than the POS grizzly 125 I used to ride. I'm pretty thankful that I got it for free though.

that is awesome to have that kind of history and storys with that thing though! take care of it and pass it down again!

My dad used to ride me around on it when I was a little kid. Now I do donuts around him while he puts around on his Kodiak 450.

dunno bout your setup, but i think it's possible to make a 379cc. can't remember how you do it though. possibly running the 366je piston and a +4mm crank????

Back