has anybody raced any 400s with their warrior?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanmccullough67

Reaction score
jw if anybody has raced a 400ex or a z before? asking cuz i have a chance to get a 400ex, i love the warrior but the 400 does wheelies so much easier and thats something i love to do is there really a big difference between a 400 and a warrior with a full system like mine?

My warrior murders 400ex's in the sand on dirt I don't like 400es's some of the stuff that's on them dosent make sence

All depends on what you want to do with each bike.

The only advantage the warrior really has is Reverse, and the motor is a little more indestructible.

A 400ex has more power, handles better, and I believe its wider.

Suzuki Z400... even better than the 400ex (go for 05+ due to better shocks and a stronger frame) and it has reverse. This motor is still durable, but is the weakest of the 3 in the durability factor.

I've been tempted to ditch my warrior for a Z400, but I don't just because I have other quads that I can go fast on, and the warrior I just cant kill no matter how much it gets flogged.

i've raced a 440ex (supposedly) and hung right with him. 400ex's do not impress me at all. now a z400 on the other hand does impress me, i have not raced one, but my buddy has an arctic cat 400 (same as z400, kfx400) and it has some balls.

i drag raced one got him almost down the hole track but i didnt shift in to 6th. i thought i did but i almost beat him in fifth. later to find out thanks to cl it was boared out and had a hot cam

I think he'd pull on me on the top end, but my low and mid is an arm stretcher ha. Get the 446 done and you'll be the one pulling on him!

I would take a 400ex anyday over my warrior. We've had 3 and so far I kinda like the warrior but stock they are too skinny and they don't have the pull like a 400ex. We shall see though.

thanks guys i think imma keep the ol warrior, i was just wondering cuz my couisin and my neigbor i ride with have a raptor 250 and a 400ex, there both bone stock and they both say they can smoke me no matter what were doin, i think the my ol warrior would show em up.

My dad has a bone stock 400ex I can hang with him pretty good and mine has a air filter and pipe his doesn't and mine is worn out, my uncles 400ex I have kinda a time but can still keep up pretty decent, his has a filter and pipe. A warrior tuned right and in decent shape as far as motor not toasted or worn plum out will keep up with a 400ex. Now if the ex has a big bore kit I doubt it would keep up for long.

Once my quad is done, I'll race my friend on his 03 400EX. Both are pretty much stock machines so we will see. My bet is on the 400ex.

I've got an 08 400EX now and I think its a bit better than the warrior to be honest. I <3 yamaha but this is an 08 so it rides a lot smoother than the 01 warrior, better suspension and it might be wider idk. The only thing I really dont like about it is that it seems like it rides a bit higher

My Brother has a Z400, and I can honestly say...The Warrior is no match in a flat out drag race. He has me on the top end, and pulls me thru all the gears.
NOW, when we get in the woods, I can usually best him. The Warriors low end torque really pays off, when **** gets sticky. I hopped on his bike in the dunes, and killed it twice, as 1st gear is real high, compared to the "Beast". I also noticed my front suspension handled the whoopties and bumps better than his(surprising enough).

I won't lie, I still want something faster, so I'm thinking of adding a KFX(I hate the Z's, they were just as common as the YFZ 450's) a DVX, Predator, or the new Honda 700r, to the mix. I will always keep my Warrior, but damit I want to go FASTER

Back