harmonic puller stripped!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike75925

Reaction score
so i was trying to remove my warrior's rotor, with heat, and my puller stripped out. i bent two main screws in the puller, used a breakover bar with 2' cheater pipe, used the impact. nothing worked. i oiled the impact this last time, and it seemed like it was coming off. so keep the trigger down, but when i looked up (no safety glasses on), the main screw is spinning too good. i had my little propane torch heating it while the compressor filled back up. do any of you think the factory puller will get this thing off? i've ridden it maybe twice since acquiring it, say 6 months ago? the steering was all jacked, the handlebars bent, rear brake siezed etc. new bars have been installed, spark is restored, waiting till the thing will start on it's own before i invest any more money. when i bought it, it didn't smoke. the first time i got it to crank after not sparking, the pos smoked up the whole yard. it still smokes a bit, hopefully that will clear up on it's own, considering it started on it's own.

factory puller will probably actually work better consider thats the only way i know to get it off. they are realitivly cheap off ebay.

i've been reading up on some of the pullers on ebay and elsewhere. there seem to be at least two different pullers for the warrior. that is easily figured out. the cheapest one i've seen for sale was 35~37. you can rent some off of ebay, but i'd rather have my own. i wish the bike shops would do a 'rent a tool' like homedepot does. i got my harmonic replaced, but it just bent up. for whatever reason, my impact is lame, but the puller, is by far, more lame. tried a two jaw, but by then my crank bolt was bent bad enough to where it wouldn't grab. so, anyone have a proper puller they might sell?

Back