Hard Starting **Update**

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blinky0099

Reaction score
I bought my Warrior about 2 years ago and it wasnt running. I put a cdi on it and a new battery. It still only starts by push starting it. Once its warm it will start on its own the rest of the day . But once it cools, off no starting. It has to be very warm to start on its own even if its 95 degrees outside and its sitting in the sun it wont start. I have some ideas but Im not sure. I'm thinking either the starter is weak, coil is bad, or staor is bad. What do you guys think? By the way its a 2001

Update******
I got a new stator from Ricks and put it in and it still wont start. I ohmed out my old one and it was bad. So I'm thinking that either my coil is also bad or (being that it was really late) I might have put the pickup coil on backwords. So the question that I have is on a ricks stator the wires come out of the side . Does anyone know which way the wires should point? Toward the stator or toward the case? Thanks I hope I'm just a moron and thats all that is wrong with it I really dont want to spend more money on my bike

yea u should check and see if ur ignition coil is putting out a good spark,then it also could be your stator coil if thats bad id go buy a ricky's stator or ebay a used one, if u have a manual u can test a coil without taking it out,i think you test the plugends that run from the coil to wiring harness

you might have a bad ignition coil still i think you can test them but there like 50$ maybe when you buy the boot also,strange that they sell separate...another thing could be is your keyswitch assembly is bad or the pins are making a good connection...

Back