HANDMADE Custom Case Saver

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCDigital

Reaction score
Last Week a partner recommend me to add a case saver to my bike(I have broke my case once :< ) and he point me to some choices, after seeing my options i decide that i want a case saver that do not covers my sprocket at all, but unfortunately i can't found a case saver with the design i have in mind for my bike so i decide to make one my self!

By doing a research i discover that DELRIN Material is a very strong material and is not that hard to get shaped by hand. I have bought 2 Block of DELRIN for 12$ from ebay and Today i tried to make me my Own Case Saver for ONLY 6bucks!!! Great.

For all those that like handmade:tup: or like DIY projects:tup: here are the results of my HANDMADE CASE SAVER by JCDigital
let me know what do you think...

a68951344356511ec7df5cbe5a211a02.jpg
piece of Delrin.

cbbf640df0cdfcdce216e1aef8ae4d9e.jpg

0e91356a3d8f297aa0e4efc7c9909180.jpg

e4ad77b17a5322d1a1a95a9e75df9521.jpg

2829b7e6a33908a4c2b80db3ecf4338e.jpg

1bdbf622e8fc65872e2a9bf80290b2e4.jpg

94bba1caca955cd98b49839000add2a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came out pretty good man, I like it

I can say it was not hard but neither easy, maybe like 3 hours work but i enjoy the outcome! and cost me 6$! I will post detailed instruction step by step to whom ever wanted to give it a try.

Thanks Bro.

I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but if you break a case I give it a 50/50 chance of working. My reasoning behind that is for two reasons, 1 Delrin is a soft spongy type material and will catch the chain not eject it which is forcing the case to take the brunt of the impact. And 2 you have too much of a gap between the sprocket and case saver where it can wad up together and still break the case.

It's a good prototype but it won't work as well as you where hoping.

I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but if you break a case I give it a 50/50 chance of working. My reasoning behind that is for two reasons, 1 Delrin is a soft spongy type material and will catch the chain not eject it which is forcing the case to take the brunt of the impact. And 2 you have too much of a gap between the sprocket and case saver where it can wad up together and still break the case.

It's a good prototype but it won't work as well as you where hoping.

Oh man sorry to contradict you but here is DERLIN is not a soft spongy material ...

here >>>
Polyoxymethylene, also known as acetal, polyacetal and polyformaldehyde, is an engineering thermoplastic used in precision parts requiring high stiffness, low friction and excellent dimensional stability.
Density: 1.41 g/cm³
Melting point: 175 °C
Formula: (CH2O)n

and Second... the gap between sprocket and saver is 5mm measured!!! maybe parallax in picture angle tricks you...
Here proof>>>>>

i will give it a 97.9% of success... :tup:
I dare to run this barefoot and with a defective chain!!! :atv:

Well good luck to you. I've tried Delrin before and found it to bee too soft.

Also I hope you know that's if your melting point facts are right it's going to melt on a long ride..

I use UHMW if you have issues with that melting I recommend using that instead it has a much higher melting point (around 430*)

I hope it last for you bro.

It would be excellent if you could work me my desing in UHMW in the future

Let me know if you can do it and i will send you my design in Autocad file or Archicad y studie drafting maybe we can work something together

I know he already produces case savers, im just making a humble question as a client looking for a product

If you have it in cad, I can cut it.

Alright Man!!! thats sounds as a deal Bro:tup:, today not late that in the afternoon i will make it in cad and send it to you. Really thanks Weston.
I will PM you.

-WARRIOR 350- to -VELOCIRAPTOR 450::
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tusk Handlebar Riser 30mm,ProTaper Handlebar Grips,Powermadd Star Handguards,Outlaw Billet Fuel Cap,Raptor 660 i-MX Rool Design IMS front bumper,Tusk Clutch Cable,Moose Racing EZ3 Shorty Clutch Lever Assembly, Tusk 36" Rear Brake Line,SUZUKI DRZ400 Direct Shifter,Raptor 660 Front Shocks,Raptor 660 Rear Shock,BANSHEE Rear Shock Linkage,Fullflight +3 A-Arms/2.6in Wheel Spacers,Motosport Products Nerfbars,+4 Swingarm/3in REAR Wheel Spacers,D.I.D Timing Chain,D.I.D X Gold-Ring Chain,NO AIR BOX MOD,Cold Air Filter INTAKE,UNI Air Filter,12 Tooth Front Sprocket,Hot Rods Bottom End Crankshaft Kit,YFZ 450 HeadLights,YFZ 450 Muffler,YFZ 450 Radiator Scoop Fenders,Raptor 350 Fenders, Raptor 350 Fuel Tank,Raptor 350 Seat & Seat Cover.

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=32090

DGT::JCDigital
Velociraptor450_yfm350_firm_zps7549211c.png

Back