Guys I need your help...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaz9291

Reaction score
Hey, guys, I was wondering if you can give me some advice. I have a Warrior 350 (obviously) with a Full Pro Circuit exhaust on it, it is really loud and I was wondering if there is a way to make it quieter without having to change the exhaust of the quad. I need this because I live in New Jersey and would rather not have people call the cops on me >_<, otherwise I really like its purr, but obviously everyone else doesn't.

How old is it? If it's a few years old then you'd most likely quiet it down noticably by repacking it. After a while the packing turns into a hard lump and doesn't do anything to help with sound levels. The pro circuit exhausts are also a disc tuned system, and the fewer discs you use, the quieter it will be. If you have the maximum discs on it now, try taking out half of them and see what that does for your db levels. In addition to that, you can also get a quiet core insert for it if you don't already have one, which will noticably decrease your sound output.

I'm not sure which one you would need, but here's what I came up with for pro circuit quiet cores with a quick search on dennis kirk.

edit: looks like i'm mistaken, the pro circuit isn't disc tuned like I thought it was, so it's just between repacking it and adding a quiet core.

Hey, man thanks a lot, unfortunantly I'm not sure of how old the exhuast is because I bought the quad used. And to be honest I have no idea what you mean by repacking and removing disks, lol, I am pretty new to ever having to work on my quad considering the quad I owned before this was a KFX 80 which was a youth quad which needed little to no work at all.

There's nothing real technical about it, packing is just what it sounds like. There's just a pillowy fiberglass packing in the silencer, similar to fiberglass insulation. This packing will compress and break down over time from moisture, heat, and pressure, and as it packs down it doesn't absorb the sound. Repacking it is as simple as taking the silencer apart with the screws or rivets, whatever yours uses, and replacing the old stuff with new.

As for the quiet core, that's even easier, it just slides into the end of your silencer behind your end cap, and reduces sound levels.

Sure, I can get some pics of the pipe. I also have a short video on youtube of it idling (I was bored lol) the video does not justify how loud it is, in real life it is quite a bit louder. For me persona the noise level is fine and it has a nice tone to it but if I plan on riding my quad here (in NJ) it has o be a lot quieter. I noticed so many people here live in Jersey, do you guys just find a quiet trail or something where no one calls the cops or do you have your own land?

Here's the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7C4CkRPF30

Back