Gunna rebuild my 06 rappy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mclarenkid69

Reaction score
Yeah the title says it. Even though I got a 450 I love my 350. So I plan on rebuilding it. so heres the ligistics

Heres my quad now.

Yeah so here are some of my ideads..

First powerder coading the frame prolly candy blue. Then the swingarm and a arms white. and get white springs sorta like this I got of the yfz site.

Now I know it isn't a 350 but it has the colors I want. What ya guys think about that. now

I wanna get some new plastics and I wanted white ( witch made me consider getting blue frame.) so yeah and want to get blue graphics. so heres that guys 450 done witch sorta the way i want mine to look.

Ok now if you made it this far. Thanks my plan. Other things I wanna get. A new chain, get my valve seals done becouse thats why i blow blue smoke. A pipe and header. And maybe if I feel like puting in the real bucks. white wicked a arms +2+1 and some nice shocks to go with it.

Wo what do ya guys think?? I feel like spending a grand on the baby I still love. ! oh and a little help.. What do you guys think the powdercoating will cost. So post your opinions thanks:)

You will have a lot more than a grand into after the powder coating, pipe, valve seals, chain, wickeds..but i think you should just put the money into the yfz and just keep the 350 to mess around on

That depends on a few things. Like how much prep work is required before they can coat it. And what color they use, from my experience you end up paying out the ass for a custom color if they don't have what you want on hand already. Some places only keep basic colors on stock, so you get stiffed for a custom color for anything metallic or generally anything that actually looks good. The place you take it alone can greatly affect what you pay, one place may charge 200 and another 700 for the same thing. I have connections to get mine done for free in any color that I want though ;D.

Some things you can do to save money is when you get your frame out and clean I would do my best to strip it, meaning get the original paint off, or at least sand it down. Jet stripper will do this easily that way you dont pay them to do this. As far as custom colors, tell the place you plan on doing it that you already have the color you want, that means go online and find the custom color you want. Powdercoating paint is cheap.

Go here
http://roseyspowdercoating.biz/osCommerce/catalog/index.php?cPath=29&osCsid=l6qerla9624h3c4reu2r9cc7h3

Nice paint scheme though, my warrior is the exact opposite with white pc frame and blue plastics. If I get my raptor conversion done it will end up being white frame and yamaha blue plastics and tons of black accents. PM if you are interested in doing a custom graphic kit for when you get it all done.

One more tip - try to get the body shop to give you a one year warranty on the powdercoating. It has been known for it to flake off from them not baking it properly. Most people dont notice until they hit it with a pressure washer and the paint comes off as easily as stickers do lol.

OH yea and I think a hmf candy blue is a must or if you really want to twist some balls have another manufactures pipe powdercoated to match the bike.

Good luck with this man! I was hoping to go for something similar but instead of blue, go black. It would make the raptor 350 POP, but for new plastics its about 500$ for oem, and another 650$ to power coat the frame a nice metallic black. This is first shop I called, and I stopped after that.

You should put the money into the yfz, how many times do you ride your rappy now that you have the yfz? I never ride my warrior unless Im mudding, and that's only because I dont want to put my Z in the mud.

You should put the money into the yfz, how many times do you ride your rappy now that you have the yfz? I never ride my warrior unless Im mudding, and that's only because I dont want to put my Z in the mud.

exactly. if I had a YFZ and still had my warrior I would sell the warrior and buy parts for the YFZ

[quote:79l5xipm]You should put the money into the yfz, how many times do you ride your rappy now that you have the yfz? I never ride my warrior unless Im mudding, and that's only because I dont want to put my Z in the mud.

exactly. if I had a YFZ and still had my warrior I would sell the warrior and buy parts for the YFZ[/quote:79l5xipm]
Not everyone thinks the same.

[quote:w2cnjzxr]

exactly. if I had a YFZ and still had my warrior I would sell the warrior and buy parts for the YFZ
Not everyone thinks the same.[/quote:w2cnjzxr]

yeah true, but just saying.

it's cool to have 2 quads, especially just 1 nice one.

but either way you go with this situation, I don't know where you get all the money for this stuff. parents?

but man.... must be nice

Hey chris, First I bought my YFZ. Second all the cash I put into my Raptor was my money to. I'm 16, and I get payed 9 bucks utt so its good cash. I put 3 gs down on the YFZ and I still have a good amount left. I already bought my car witch is an 05 lancer. Now heres the deal. Yes my " Mommy and Daddy " spoiled my with the 350. I had the 350 and made a deal with my parents to give me 4gs twords my car. The deal was I drop the 350 payment and they will give me the 4 gs . Well I droped the 350 payement and got and i bought with my own money my 450. but my dad doesn't want to get rid of the 350 so soon yet. So now it is my dad's quad. Sooooo I wanted to kinda restore it so I can get some money back from it I owe 3gs on it and I don't think I can get 3gs for it because I put some hard hours on it. So Maybe I am a little spoiled bc my parents gave me like 2 gs for the 350 and 4gs twords the car. Well I work hard for all my other toys and my parents don't give me anything else. So there ya go? so i'm really that spoiled.

Now I was asking for opinions on my quad. And maybe I think a little more like Dave. I love my 350 and I want it to look a little better before I sell it. I'm prolly not going to go all the way on it. But it is a try. so Thanks for all the opinions on my rebuilt on who ever gave there opinion on it.

^^^^seriously

But if your just going to sell it i wouldnt powder coate the frame or anything, I would just rebuild the engine or do what ever you have to do to it to get it to stop smoking, then get a pipe or something, when most people are going to look at your bike when you sell they wont be looking at the frame they will want to know if it runs and if it has some aftermarket stuff on it. I would just fix the engine then get a pipe of some sort, And mybe shocks and a-arms only if your going to keep it for a while becuase they help a ton or if you find a great deal on them.

Yeah what is it that you need? O if hes not responding to your messages its becuase he doesnt have the internet at his house, only at work so he only responds when hes at work but if theres something you need me to tell him ill see him today.

You should, just get some cans of a primer, and the color of your choice, and spray paint the frame yourself, a lot easier and cheaper then getting it power coated, granted it does last as long, and is easier to chip, but its fixable unlike power coating. You can even get a nice metallic blue coating or something and give it a nice pop.

Back