grounds grounds grounds

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwood

Reaction score
I've always been told there are 4 main grounds I can only find 3 1 at the cdi 1 at the coil 1 above the front sprocket(where the case spilts). Where is the 4th? I'm cleaning all of them hoping I don't need another battery

Im stumped on that one man. What about any of the wires coming out of the stator? Electrical is not my thing haha

Actually the negative side of the battery should go to the frame, at least mine is anyway.

whats that black box mounted under the hood rite at the front of the hood. i belive it has one wire coming out of each side. when i got my quad, i cleaned all the conectors and found this one last. i dont remember if it was grounded or not. but other than that i dont know where the 4th would be.

i just looked in my repair book and it shows 7 total grounds. two grounds off the - battery with one of them going to the frame. one for the starter, one for the lever switch, one that comes off the cdi,one for the neutral switch, one for the reverse switch. thats all i could find in the book.

well I think I found the or one of the problems the stator has 3 white wires on one of the plugs, they are for charging the battery. Here is what I found when I unpluged it
1301361876.jpg

I got it hooked back up and put some shink tubing around the wires since they were starting to wear down. then jumped the quad let it run for about 10 mins and still just buzzing when I hit the start button. I'm wondering if it killed the battery. And I'm thinking I should send the stator back it's still under waranty. btw when I unplugged the stator water dumped out of the wiring loom and plugs were soaked

Last edited:
If water went down the loom its possible its got inside and either rusted some places or shorted something out. Water is hell on just about everything and murder on electrical.

So I tested all 3 white wires after hooking the broken one back up, got the same reading on all 3 so should be good to go. Took back my battery charger and got a new one, hooked it up to the quad and she starts right up now. Now I need to wait a few days and make sure the battery still holds a good charge

update...the battery is good, just drained from the white stator wire breaking. Starts right up. Thanks 87warrior917 for reminding me of the stator. Don't know how long it would have taken to find that.

Back