grounding out at the starter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash

Reaction score
pulled my warrior out of the garage today to wash it and it wouldnt start so i thought it was dirty relays again from when i went mud boggin last. cleaned the relays and still nothin. last electrical problem was dirty relays and connections and ground out at the starter. pulled out the test light and its grounding out at the starter again but its also grounding out at the starter solenoid too. an internal insulator by the connection inside the starter broke but i fixed that with an apoxy and a rubber washer last week when it wouldnt start. also one of the relays in the back clicks when i turn the kill switch and key on. any ideas of what to do will be greatly appreciated.

i cleaned out the relays again and wiggled some wires and it starts sometimes and other times there isnt a connection between either the battery or starter solenoid and the key switch and kill switch

was planning on doing that today. the starter wire is fine. i think its the starter relay thats clicking but ill have to go out and check to make sure

got her fixed. found an open wire at the starter relay and a broken wire at the starter fuse.

Back