grips

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksk350

Reaction score
whats a good way to put grips on with out grip glue and with out them slipping after there on. thanks

Ive used carb cleaner in the past, spray some in the grip and on the handle bar and slide it on real quick. the cleaner cleans the grip and bar and makes the grip a bit softer to grab onto the bar. Once the carb cleaner dries it should hold pretty good.

thanks but i dont have carb cleaner any other things work? i her hairspray orks really well

what do you think about WD-40??? i herd it melts the rubber a lil and makes them almost unslippable lol

You could try that, but what about getting them off? I personally use grip glue, but it stops holding after a while. I really need to find something different because this constant slipping is annoying.

Odi lock on grips. Never mess with hairspary, carb cleaner, glue or other messy crap again. Just look at the front couple of lines at a GNCC race and look how many Odi lock on grips you see. This is a picture of the Oury Odi grips. Both ends clamp on and they have a endcap that covers the end.

odi%20oury%20grips.jpg

Nice, but how comfortable are they to use? And do they really lock on that well? And for what size bars are they?

damn thats a good buy but i already put WD-40 on 20 minutes ago and they seem to be working real well. how much are those lock on grips

Well I've got some pretty beefy ones, I might as well try. I can't break then unless I'm using pliers to pull, and even then I've never broken one yet.

WD-40 really worked well, i just checked on the grips, they wouldn't even budge. if the zip ties dont work just try WD. it also gives you plenty of time to position the grips the way you want, and if u don't like it you can pull the grips off really easy before the WD evaporates

Yea but the real test is use. Grip glue holds strong until I start doing wheelies, then it just slips.

zip ties cut your hands becuase they dont sit flush with the grips. IMO the best thing to do is go to your local shop and get some grip wire or go to a hardwear shop and get some i think its 12 gage wire and put a 3 inch stran around the grip then twist it with plyers till its tight then cut off the extra wire leaving a cm of extra on to fold it over. It doesnt cut your hand, easy to install, and you can get it off if you ever need to take the grips off. If you need pics to see whatn im talking about im sure i can find one.

Clutch.jpg

If you look closly you can see the wires wraped around the grips in 3 different spots. If you need better pics tell me... and ill find out what the wire is.

no its really weird, idk what it is but they still slipped after i put the handguards on. they dont really slip that much they just turn after a while.

Back