Gridning

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atv

Reaction score
Ok i went to start up my quad after like 4 weeks and it started to turn over and it stops and a grinding noise keeps coming from the Starter Recoil ( I read my manuel) and i check the fuses and their fine and i checked my battery and its somewhat ok. so i charge the battery and it turns over some and then dies and i lost my neutral light. so i try to start it up again but it wont turn over now unless i pull the clutch in

And its not in gear.

But i giggled the wires and now the neutral light is back up.
But it still wont turn over i still keep getting the griding noise from my starter recoil. Its located right behind the air box

Any sugestions?

Where is the noise coming from? I think you got something confused when you said "starter recoil". Do you mean the starter relay?

I'm with the other guys. You're not getting enough power. Either the battery terminals need cleaned off, tightened, or the battery needs recharged or replaced. Start by cleaning up the battery terminals and cables with some sandpaper till they're nice and shiny. If that doesn't do it, you could try jump starting it, like you would with a car, to confirm that it is the battery.

yes sorry the starter relay i think lol my fault anyway im ognna go for the new battery and im gonna also go for a new battery connector to see if i can find one. cause i got this cheap ass one ont here now

clean your terminals real good i had the same problem, sounds like a buzzing noise

yes i just ordered a battery because my battery was dead but i still have the headlights ??? WTF?

Huh? How did you check to see if your battery was dead? Did you get it load tested? Try jump starting it?

Back